Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape and more coming to console

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Feb 9, 2019.

1. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I think I got a copy of the enhanced edition of the PC collection a while back when it was going cheap. However I am sure if I see a copy of this at some point in the future for a price I am willing to pay then I will happily go it.

2. drazenm

drazenm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    I don't mind, but I fear that does nerds/dorks/geeks that are majority anti human, not able to relate to human beings etc. Be able to understand that the dialogue needs to be resized and adjust to the TV aspect ratio, take into consideration distance of viewing. You look at the TV 3+ meters distance, not 20cm distance and if they F up the text size it's a complete No! Do you want to get off the couch all the time and read hundreds of sentences of long and boring dialogue? No

I'm playing titan quest now on Nintendo switch and Jesus is the text tiny, I think i adjusted it, but still, it's small for such a small screen.

Last edited by drazenm, Feb 9, 2019
  3. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

GBAtemp Patron
    MarkDarkness is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 17, 2009
    Poland
    Huh... they will 100% likely bake in their little SJW fanfic of a DLC into this release. Pass.

4. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    Thanks for beta testing pc turds B-)

5. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    I got all the D&D games for 20 CAD on GOG. I fail to see how some of these game will be ported over console, since they rely heavily on keyboard shortcut and mouse. I can kinda see it on Switch, with touch control, but not on PS4 and XBoner. (I say that, but I got Pillars of Eternity on PS4, and it plays well, so I can still be surprised I guess.)

6. phreaksho

phreaksho GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2007
    United States
    Post falls, Idaho
    Am I the only one who just about crapped myself out of excitement when I saw this post? Play baldurs gate on my tv? ?????? YES!!!!

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The remastered collection I mentioned earlier ran on my crappy netbook so pretty much anything still functioning will do it, said netbook has HDMI out, and controllers have been USB or bluetooth for years now.

8. phreaksho

phreaksho GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2007
    United States
    Post falls, Idaho
    Yea, I have them on pc and used a bt keyboard and mouse to play it on tv.. But I'm still interested in a console port. I did the same thing with pillars of eternity but I found the experience to feel better when I got the PlayStation 4 port. I have wanted these games to come to console for a while now if not to actually be able to talk to someone about it. Most people I know don't care for a control scheme with keyboard and mouse. Perhaps this will encourage them to actually play these games. I dunno. ..

9. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I think you mean Windows 95 gamers. :lol:

10. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    Wonder how this will work considering they're primarily keyboard and mouse games. Thumbsticks for mouse support?

11. Closet Nerd

Closet Nerd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Oblivion port plox

mathew77 likes this.
  12. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    I love these games and would rather play them comfortably laying back with a controller.

Last edited by netovsk, Feb 10, 2019
  13. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    nice! Hope they get a physical release

14. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    Some of the best RPG's ever!