'Baldur’s Gate 3' digital event announced for August 18th

bg3.jpg

Larian Studios, the developers working on Baldur’s Gate 3, announced a digital event for this August 18th. Called Panel From Hell, the event will share details regarding the game, its launch date into Early Access and some "big news". In the announcement tweet, they revealed that the Early Access won't launch this August but is "just around the corner".

The Panel From Hell event will be held on Tuesday 18th August, at 10.00am PT / 18.00 BST and will be accessible via this link.

:arrow: Panel From Hell Stream Link
:arrow: SOURCE

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Definitely looking forward to it, but I'm torn between jumping in at the beginning of EA or waiting until it's closer to being finished.
I’m in the same boat. I personally don’t want to give into the early access, and I’d rather experience it as “fully finished” (minus the possibility and likelihood of DLC), but I’ve also been waiting for this for far too long and want it right now

Reactions: Xzi

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Dark Alliance for PS2 and really liked it. Tried playing the enchanted edition of the first, for switch, but the graphics were a major turnoff. Hopefully you don’t need to play One and Two to enjoy three.

Playing Diablo 3 now. Is that pretty much the gold standard for hack n slash rpgs?

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully you don’t need to play One and Two to enjoy three.

From what I understand, 3 is going to take place separate from the Bhaalspawn games (Baldur’s Gate, Seige of Dragonspear, Baldur’s Gate II). It’ll actually have more to do with the D&D tabletop module, Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus. So you shouldn’t have a problem jumping into 3 on its own

Reactions: Prior22

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have they already stated if it will be Real-time with pause or turn based? All i found was some dev saying he didn't like real time w/ pause.

When the new Torment game came out and it was turn based only, I got bored really quick. RT w/P is so much better IMO.

Hopefully there will be an option to pick, at least.. If it's turn based only I probably won't buy it. Which is sad because the other games were fun.

Last edited by TheCasualties,
Reactions: RyRyIV

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Have they already stated if it will be Real-time with pause or turn based? All i found was some dev saying he didn't like real time w/ pause.

When the new Torment game came out and it was turn based only, I got bored really quick. RT w/P is so much better IMO.

Hopefully there will be an option to pick, at least.. If it's turn based only I probably won't buy it. Which is sad because the other games were fun.
I’m on the fence here. Turn based is literally what D&D is about so it would make sense to implement that here. But real time with pause is such a big part of the original Baldur’s Gate games that I do want it back

Reactions: TheCasualties

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I played Dark Alliance for PS2 and really liked it. Tried playing the enchanted edition of the first, for switch, but the graphics were a major turnoff. Hopefully you don’t need to play One and Two to enjoy three.

Playing Diablo 3 now. Is that pretty much the gold standard for hack n slash rpgs?
Neverwinter Nights is the gold standard for me but that is pretty similar to Baldur's Gate, just newer.

Reactions: RyRyIV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.