1. 2,096

Front-page
    bg3.jpg

Larian Studios, the developers working on Baldur’s Gate 3, announced a digital event for this August 18th. Called Panel From Hell, the event will share details regarding the game, its launch date into Early Access and some "big news". In the announcement tweet, they revealed that the Early Access won't launch this August but is "just around the corner".

The Panel From Hell event will be held on Tuesday 18th August, at 10.00am PT / 18.00 BST and will be accessible via this link.

:arrow: Panel From Hell Stream Link
    :arrow: SOURCE

2. Discussion (9 replies)

3. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Sus as Fuq
    Contributor

United States
    I’ve been dying for more info on this. Definitely my most anticipated game recently. Can’t wait!

Xzi and Prans like this.
  4. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    I hate myself for not caring.

5. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Definitely looking forward to it, but I'm torn between jumping in at the beginning of EA or waiting until it's closer to being finished.

RyRyIV likes this.
  6. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Sus as Fuq
    Contributor

United States
    I’m in the same boat. I personally don’t want to give into the early access, and I’d rather experience it as “fully finished” (minus the possibility and likelihood of DLC), but I’ve also been waiting for this for far too long and want it right now

Xzi likes this.
  7. Prior22

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I played Dark Alliance for PS2 and really liked it. Tried playing the enchanted edition of the first, for switch, but the graphics were a major turnoff. Hopefully you don’t need to play One and Two to enjoy three.

Playing Diablo 3 now. Is that pretty much the gold standard for hack n slash rpgs?

8. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Sus as Fuq
    Contributor

United States
    From what I understand, 3 is going to take place separate from the Bhaalspawn games (Baldur’s Gate, Seige of Dragonspear, Baldur’s Gate II). It’ll actually have more to do with the D&D tabletop module, Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus. So you shouldn’t have a problem jumping into 3 on its own

Prior22 likes this.
  9. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Have they already stated if it will be Real-time with pause or turn based? All i found was some dev saying he didn't like real time w/ pause.

When the new Torment game came out and it was turn based only, I got bored really quick. RT w/P is so much better IMO.

Hopefully there will be an option to pick, at least.. If it's turn based only I probably won't buy it. Which is sad because the other games were fun.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Aug 5, 2020
    RyRyIV likes this.
  10. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Sus as Fuq
    Contributor

United States
    I’m on the fence here. Turn based is literally what D&D is about so it would make sense to implement that here. But real time with pause is such a big part of the original Baldur’s Gate games that I do want it back

TheCasualties likes this.
  11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Neverwinter Nights is the gold standard for me but that is pretty similar to Baldur's Gate, just newer.

RyRyIV likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Baldur’s, announced, digital