Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://balancedbrawl.net/

A new Brawl hack on the scene, this hack aims to bring balance to the game, without modifying the physics engine.
Their aims are to:
- Increase Overall Character Balance
- Removes infinites and inescapable lockdowns
- Increase stage viability.

Curiously, this mod requires no softmodding, not even a homebrew channel installation!
Running Balanced Brawl is as easy as loading the files to your SD card (with no custom stages), and accessing Brawl's stage creator. The game will automatically reboot itself, patched and ready to play.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, i wonder which Meta Knight I shuld play as, lol.

But seriously, awesome. I hate it when people take advantage of infinites and cheap tactics. If I find myself spamming or using an unfair play method, I quickly switch up but no one else ever seems to do so.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Great job, this will be awesome for the casual SSBB community
grog.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Psh, another one of these mods. Whatever happened to Brawl+ though? Are these two mods similar to each other?
Although I must say, I'm impressed at whatever they did to make it so that you can load this mod straight from the game via SD without having to softmod your Wii.

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just smash stack >_>

Last time I tried this it was literally GANNON BRAWL, as his Down-B had more priority, his down-tilt caused tripping leading to tech chases with the Side-B, and if your DI is not up to par you will find yourself dying to his up-B spike or being killed off the top at 50% by the up-B.

I'll give it a try again though.

@DeMoN
Brawl+ is more of an intermediate between melee and brawl, combining in my opinion both of the horrible aspects of melee and brawl while dancing around the other problems that could've made it great. It's very fun, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather play melee if I wanted a fast paced game or brawl normal over Brawl+ if I wanted competitive play.

Balanced Brawl makes much less hitbox changes and instead goes and changes angles of hitboxes and damage on attacks to balance out brawl's tiers while trying to keep the characters the same.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm still wondering why people still try to modify something like Brawl, that itself it's balanced.
One thing is modify music and textures, but another thing is modify physics and the engine itself with codes.
And also, this isn't official and tournaments didn't use this, except non official ones.

People must play the original, because with this mods, you are learning things that doesn't exist in the official game.

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
I'm still wondering why people still try to modify something like Brawl, that itself it's balanced.
One thing is modify music and textures, but another thing is modify physics and the engine itself with codes.
And also, this isn't official and tournaments didn't use this, except non official ones.

People must play the original, because with this mods, you are learning things that doesn't exist in the official game.

Sometimes I wonder this too. Official tournaments obviously don't use this because they are nearly non-existant and do not often include the top-caliber players like M2K or Ally. Many non-official tournaments use this as a side-event however, and it breathes longevity into a game whose metagame is very balanced before you add in metaknight, which then makes it very hard to allow diversity into tournament results.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:

Well, I think, if you wonder about this, then you're not the target audience. This, like Brawl+ and Project M, is targeting those who were upset with Brawl in the first place.

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project M will only be good if it is PERFECT in its copying of the melee game.

Anything less will just make most of the melee vets go back to normal melee, and I will find it hard to find anyone who will invest enough time into Project M if they haven't already played/owned melee original with its higher learning curve.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^^^

There's gonna be difference for sure as you can't emulate Melee perfectly. There have been pros that already played it and like it. Recently, DarkSonic from smashboards even got hungrybox to try it out. They gave feedback as well. If they're able to play the alpha stages without struggling so much, I'd say the staff is doing great for project m.

I've tried it as well and I like it so far. Its still different at the moment because they're still missing a lot of codes but its good so far.

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, at least I can hope for it to be as good as possible. Is the wavedashing still as choppy as in the teaser videos they put out or is it closer to melee's wavedashing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free