cerebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI all

Ok so I downgraded my 3.4 to 3.2 installed gamma loader and all backup 1:1 work fine until I tried rockband (at the time balance board worked great)

so I installed custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 249 to get the instruments to work and they all worked well (and installed starfall to pass update thingy)

But then I test my balance board and I lost the right side, not responding at all

so I uninstalled the cios and starfall thinking one of those two made my wii balance board not work but no luck the balance board still doesn't react on the right side (and yes I reinstalled the old cios for backup)

I even reinstalled cios33 since I read somewhere here that the balance board use that one, but no luck

so my question is, how can I get my wii back to an un mod state so I can test the balance board

or is there an another cios the balance board use that would of been change

I want to be sure the balance board is not affected by all my modding before sending it to repair (cause nintendo will charge me a nice total of 60$)

and I don't have another wii to test it on

Thanx all

and great job on all the useful threads
smile.gif

Nelson9937955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cerebus said:
HI all

Ok so I downgraded my 3.4 to 3.2 installed gamma loader and all backup 1:1 work fine until I tried rockband (at the time balance board worked great)

so I installed custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 249 to get the instruments to work and they all worked well (and installed starfall to pass update thingy)

But then I test my balance board and I lost the right side, not responding at all

so I uninstalled the cios and starfall thinking one of those two made my wii balance board not work but no luck the balance board still doesn't react on the right side (and yes I reinstalled the old cios for backup)

I even reinstalled cios33 since I read somewhere here that the balance board use that one, but no luck

so my question is, how can I get my wii back to an un mod state so I can test the balance board

or is there an another cios the balance board use that would of been change

I want to be sure the balance board is not affected by all my modding before sending it to repair (cause nintendo will charge me a nice total of 60$)

and I don't have another wii to test it on

Thanx all

and great job on all the useful threads
smile.gif

Take it to gamestop and have someone there test it on their Wii machine to see if it is broken. Simple as that

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe the board needs a new IOS or a new version of some IOS that is why I told you to re-upgrade to 3.4, Wii Fit upgrade you to 3.3, right..?? so do the 3.4 and test it again......I'm off to bed, post results to now how did it went...!!!
smile.gif

cerebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the thing is, the balance board needs firmware 3.2 not 3.3. That is why I was asking why update
smile.gif

If I update will I loose my homebrew channel?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
no you don't loose it, and if you do, just re-install it, but do the update and post results, if you are hoping and praying to God that the problem solves by itself.......sometimes doesn't happens, Wii Fit has the 3.3 update BTW...!!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the balance board does not work in a original started from the disc channel:
- Get to know which IOS is used by the game, SoftChip writes this into the log or the IOS Version patcher tells it before patching
- extract the IOS wads from the disc with wufe
- delete the IOS used by the game (just don't ever delete IOS30 or IOS50!)
- install the extracted IOS wad with wad manager
- if the problem this exists(original from disc channel!), it's not a software problem

cerebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanx ether but I will try WiiPower's way it will help me understand what is going on

Thanx WiiPower will let you know when I've done it
smile.gif
, oh and this is very good to know : just don't ever delete IOS30 or IOS50!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
arcaderat100 said:
Try and update using the Wii Fit game disc (Original). The update in that disc is to make the balance board work and compatible with the Wii.

or updating to 3.4, but he thinks Wii Fit has the update 3.2 (wich obviously he is wrong)...!!!
biggrin.gif

cerebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but if I go with WiiPower's trick I'll be able to stay in 3.2

and yes balanceboard might be 3.3 but the wiifit never ask me to update when I downgraded only wiimusic that's why I assumed it was 3.2
smile.gif

cerebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok WiiPower tried your way, was long as hell
smile.gif
but still not working

Tried updating to 3.3 and still not working

So I guess the board is going to nintendo repair shop
frown.gif

Thanx all for your help was really useful
smile.gif

now I need to downgrade back to 3.2

T1nmaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry Cerb,
I installed the same stuff, and mine works fine....
You sure scared me tho'!
I checked by playing original wii-fit as well as burned Shawn White.
unsure.gif

cerebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I scared you

I was puzzled cause when I first downgraded it worked fine then I didn't use it for a week to buzzy reading on modding my wii
smile.gif
and backupping my games, then I try it and lost my right side so Iwanted to be sure
smile.gif

Now I need to send it and will cost me 60$, I already sent my wii twice for repair but at least with the wii you get an extra year a guarantee when you send it (board is only 90 days) now all I have to figure out is a way to make my wii break before next xmas to get an extra year
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...