Balan Wonderworld Opening movie released

Square Enix has released the opening movie of BALAN WONDERWORLD -- the all-new action-platformer from the creators of Sonic the Hedgehog. The movie sets the stage for the game’s story as it features protagonists Leo Craig and Emma Cole entering a theater and meeting the mysterious maestro Balan, who draws them into the magical universe of Wonderworld. BALAN WONDERWORLD will be playable on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X with support for Smart Delivery, Nintendo Switch and PC (STEAM):

Players will explore the fantastical land of Wonderworld, guided by an enigmatic maestro named Balan. As they explore Wonderworld, players will jump, climb, fly, smash and more, discovering a multitude of unique areas and collecting over 80 unique costumes to assist on the journey. Each costume bestows its own special power, such as the Rail Runner outfit that lets players summon train tracks in certain areas to quickly traverse across long distances and obstacles.

BALAN WONDERWORLD is an all-new experience from renowned gaming industry talent including Director, Yuji Naka (Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise Creator, Sonic Team Co-Founder) and Character Designer, Naoto Ohshima (Sonic the Hedgehog, Doctor Eggman, Sonic Team Co-Founder). The game marks Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima’s first collaboration in 20 years and is the first game from the newly established BALAN COMPANY gaming brand. BALAN COMPANY brings together talented video game developers, visual artists, and composers to tell the greatest stories and provide the ultimate platformer experiences:

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Balan Wonderworld Official Site

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still definitely looking forward to this one ...but an opening movie is just an opening movie - meh! Certainly looks more a NiGHTS than a Sonic sequel, me like, but need more gameplay footage, and let's not forget the last NiGHTS, which was that Wii monstrosity...:(

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still definitely looking forward to this one ...but an opening movie is just an opening movie - meh! Certainly looks more a NiGHTS than a Sonic sequel, me like, but need more gameplay footage, and let's not forget the last NiGHTS, which was that Wii monstrosity...:(
I may sound a bit clueless, but what kind of game is nights anyway? I mean I know it was a saturn game by sonic team. But what is the appeal? :ninja:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I may sound a bit clueless, but what kind of game is nights anyway? I mean I know it was a saturn game by sonic team. But what is the appeal? :ninja:
NiGHTS was a score attack game (rather like the first Sonic!) and was a bit like videogame marmite even back on release: you either LOVED it (like me) or you couldn't get your head round it... beating the game was easy, but getting that perfect run, with the highest multiplier on top by beating the boss as fast as possible, well that's where the fun was! I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone these days as they'll just play 5 minutes and think 'WTF?' but back then, fukk me it was brilliant! One of my all time fave games. (If you're killed to have a go, plump for the PS2 version!)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NiGHTS was a score attack game (rather like the first Sonic!) and was a bit like videogame marmite even back on release: you either LOVED it (like me) or you couldn't get your head round it... beating the game was easy, but getting that perfect run, with the highest multiplier on top by beating the boss as fast as possible, well that's where the fun was! I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone these days as they'll just play 5 minutes and think 'WTF?' but back then, fukk me it was brilliant! One of my all time fave games. (If you're killed to have a go, plump for the PS2 version!)
Well, I never been that invested in score attacks, unless it was some unlockable cause. But interesting. I was always confused as to why it was appealing for a game, it seems like one of the games that just "came to be" and it appeals by being audio and visually appealing rather than the game being fun to play. (I still secretly think shantae was made just for being an appealing character image/mascot/costplay/fan art target instead of satisfying gameplay) :ninja:

I only own it on steam due to inadvertently gaining it from a humble bundle that had sonic adventure, jet set radio, crazy taxi space channel and nights. But never once installed or tried it. I never even played a saturn before so I guess is one of those things I just only saw in crossovers like sega allstar games and ask "What the heck is a nights?" the same way I ask "who the heck is ness?" when playing smash bros. :blink:

Reactions: mightymuffy

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I just hope the 80 costumes aren't too similar in abilities. Hopefully the Switch version is optimized to play smoothly.

D

Deleted User

1:09 Wahoo! Rupudupu!

Seriously though, while I haven't played Nights, which I know this game takes great inspiration from, this still gives me Klonoa vibes, and I couldn't be happier.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering how quickly everyone forgot about Rodea the Sky Soldier, I wouldn't expect this to make any kind of lasting impression.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...What did I just watch?
What kind of game is this supposed to be? That video lacked any kind of actual gameplay, so forgive me if I'm not all that interested. It was some really nice animation work, but that's all that was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey