::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
This addicting game is easy to hack so I thought I'd start a translation project for the heck of doing something...
The game is like burnout legends but with an rpg touch to it, It's not popular but it's a really good game.

Because of lack of translators I don't have much to show as of now, just these two screenshots:

Testing out the text inserter, it's working flawlessly
happy.gif

dialogue%20test%201.png
And here is the edited name entry screen, really needs fixing, it does crash a lot...
name%20entry%20screen%201.png

You can download the tool I coded to extract/insert text here: Clicky
I haven't included the source code but you can either decompile it with .net reflector or ask me for it.

If you want to help, click here and do your thing, but only if you know Japanese, using google translate or any other machine translator at particular doesn't help a bit. I'll be updating the spreadsheet periodically because I'm bored to upload all the files now.

And lastly, here are the text dumps of most of the text in the game, in a fancy zip. Clicky.
I'm off to code the patching solution now, hope you like it gals.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Ive put some 1-2 lines... it's not too much but it is something... Ill make more later

Currently im trying to find a good kanji to hiragana - romanji converter since I suck in kanji
frown.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, this game looks awesome and I haven't even downloaded it or anything, yet
You mind if I help out, Noitora? I'll take care of the menu images if you want [Haven't looked through the ROM yet but I see "Name Entry" staring me in the face]
Also I'm contributing to the google docs right now; a few things on the top.
EDIT: For reference, "%pn" stands for "player name" and /n is a linebreak.

e.g. その後、久住の自供により\nメトロディーバ社も国の摘発を受け、\n壊滅した… is

その後、久住の自供により
メトロディーバ社も国の摘発を受け、
壊滅した…

And I know you said "no machine translations" but I did so anyway ;__; I marked them where I did so, so if there's a more accurate translation feel free to overwrite it
except I, you know
look up each word one-by-one and then rewrite the phrase to suit proper semantics

EDIT2: One more thing, Noitora. I think you already know but you've got the alphabet replacing the hiragana.
The middle selection on the top is the English lettering.
It's:
KANA - HIRA - ENG - SYMBOL - KANJI
[Yes, you can type your name in hiragana letters and the game will spell it out in Kanji. Pretty cool if you ask me]
Bottom row:
PAGE - SPACE - BACK - OKAY - CANCEL

Default name is 竜二 "Ryuji" - 竜 means dragon (hence the dragons on his shirt)

And I love the female protagonist in this game, lol

MHaven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i downloaded the game and was looking round it and well I would like to help with the Tile editing
smile.gif
. I already found all the files I just need a translation and ~BAM~ in it goes
smile.gif
. Hope to hear from you. Kosheh you sure know a lot lol. I want to keep on learning japanese as i go so yeah.

Edit: If you are able to give me a translation for the top part of the first pic i would be able to get that in no problem whatsover

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aaargh. Here I was working on that part already. And I'm on a roll :/

dbbdscr1.png
dbbdscr2.png

And it's funny because I was saying the same thing up until two minutes ago when I augmented the wrong part. Now I've got to find the said text again >_>;

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Take a look at the spreadsheet, I did some translations
@ kosheh
Looks good, but here are some advice:
Make the font a bit smaller so the capital S is the same size as one of those japanese characters.
Try to get the word centered into the box, because right now it is kinda aligned to the top.
And try a brush-like font which helps keep the original feel.
I like the "Name Entry"

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks Noitora. :]

I was going to use a brushy font at first; but in the menus found in the Options there's English text which is actually in Times New Roman - which is pretty much the only reason I stuck with that font face.

And yeah; I had some problems at first with the main menu, so I'm going to fix up that S and whatnot. This menu's actually incredibly easy to work with, so I'll fix that up tomorrow when I'm working on the rest of the main menu.

Also Noitora, can we subtitle this game "Rumbling Engine! Pimp Trucker Legend!"
pimptrucker.png

pleaaaaaaaaase

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
Thanks
smile.gif

QUOTE(kosheh @ Sep 6 2009, 09:31 AM) Also Noitora, can we subtitle this game "Rumbling Engine! Pimp Trucker Legend!"
pimptrucker.png

pleaaaaaaaaase
Dunno... it sounds funny
tongue.gif

So, I'll leave the graphics hacking/editing to you kosheh since you're much better at it.
Now, we only need someone willing to translate all the text.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
Thanks
smile.gif

QUOTE(kosheh @ Sep 6 2009, 09:31 AM) Also Noitora, can we subtitle this game "Rumbling Engine! Pimp Trucker Legend!"
pimptrucker.png

pleaaaaaaaaase
Dunno... it sounds funny
tongue.gif

So, I'll leave the graphics hacking/editing to you kosheh since you're much better at it.
I might be able to help on translations but someone in the game has some weird accent making it hard to understand :\ I don't understand any informal Japanese

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
Thanks
smile.gif

pimptrucker.png

pleaaaaaaaaase
Dunno... it sounds funny
tongue.gif

I might be able to help on translations but someone in the game has some weird accent making it hard to understand :\ I don't understand any informal Japanese
Hahaha, thanks.

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
So all you need are the lose files, st files, pr file, I don't think the storytest files are necessary, story files, win files, ...
That's a lot. I'll need to split this up with someone
There are around 105 files that need to be translated, 136 kilobytes in size. it really is a lot...

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
So all you need are the lose files, st files, pr file, I don't think the storytest files are necessary, story files, win files, ...
There are around 105 files that need to be translated, 136 kilobytes in size. it really is a lot...
No, the script files are around 1~3 megs

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
The Script folder doesn't have any files with text IIRC and neither do the .scb files, all the script text is either in the stXX.ttd or in the storyXX.ttd files, I can't remember...

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
The Script folder doesn't have any files with text IIRC and neither do the .scb files, all the script text is either in the stXX.ttd or in the storyXX.ttd files, I can't remember...
those ARE the script files that i am talking about
story/st

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk