Hacking Baka & Test Portable - English Translation Project

FShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the lack of progress updates. I've been busy with some of my other projects and school, but I can say that the first draft of the translation for Akihisa Yoshii's storyline is complete. Progress should begin soon on Mizuki Himeji's storyline. Unfortunately, I don't have any new screenshots to show you all, but I'll try to get something in the coming weeks. Thanks for bearing with me, and I hope that we can keep moving forward and finish this thing.

On another note, translation is still a bit slow because, despite Tamekichi's best efforts, he is still only one person, and 84 scripts is a lot to translate. If anybody out there wants to help out with translation, please message me so I can add you to the team. And please, no machine translators.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Sorry about the lack of progress updates. I've been busy with some of my other projects and school, but I can say that the first draft of the translation for Akihisa Yoshii's storyline is complete. Progress should begin soon on Mizuki Himeji's storyline. Unfortunately, I don't have any new screenshots to show you all, but I'll try to get something in the coming weeks. Thanks for bearing with me, and I hope that we can keep moving forward and finish this thing.

On another note, translation is still a bit slow because, despite Tamekichi's best efforts, he is still only one person, and 84 scripts is a lot to translate. If anybody out there wants to help out with translation, please message me so I can add you to the team. And please, no machine translators.

Greatt news I hope by other projects you mean Yakuza
T
You and jams rules are the only 2 English patchers who have been busy working on not 1 but 2 english patches which im intrested in playing
Thank you Fshadow

FShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem. I really love being able to share games with people who would otherwise not be able to enjoy such fantastic works of art due to the language barrier. And to answer your question, I've been working on Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou (Yakuza: Black Panther) and Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA. In fact, I just released v0.9 of my patch of Project DIVA, so there was quite a bit of work that went into that.

I hope that as Christmas approaches, I'll have more free time from school to be able to work on this project, and hopefully I can work out some technical kinks that are halting me from showing off the progress we've made. Thanks for supporting this project, it really means a lot.

Reactions: kagekyo

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Not a problem. I really love being able to share games with people who would otherwise not be able to enjoy such fantastic works of art due to the language barrier. And to answer your question, I've been working on Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou (Yakuza: Black Panther) and Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA. In fact, I just released v0.9 of my patch of Project DIVA, so there was quite a bit of work that went into that.

I hope that as Christmas approaches, I'll have more free time from school to be able to work on this project, and hopefully I can work out some technical kinks that are halting me from showing off the progress we've made. Thanks for supporting this project, it really means a lot.

There are more people supporting you than you think
In my experience just because one doesn't talk to you doesn't mean he hasn't noticed you.

Im interested in your diva English patch yet im unsure where to get it from

Also are you a translator or hacker

I heard Aghens update that he fixed the memory error temporarily

I hope you succeed

Im just swamped with mock examinations until 19th when I break up from school but I hope next year us a good year not only because of the amazing films that are coming out eg terminator 5 but also the English translations

I finished watching this baka to test anmie both seasons plus specials however I want to play the game when you are satisfied with its completion

I also hope season 3 may be released of the anmie I love it.

If you like anmie may I recommend to anyone who reads this check out Toradora portable the anmie and the psp English patched game
I have seen all of the anmie just waiting for exams to finish so I can play the game

Im currently watching
Gokden time and clanned anmie
Also HOBBIT 3NEXT FRIDAY UK RELEASE YEAAAAAH

FShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though this is a bit off-topic, you can get my Project DIVA patch from here. There is also a link in my signature. Besides the work done by Rolen47, all text in the game was translated by me, or by using existing translations for songs and tailoring them to fit into the game's 40 character line limit. I also hacked that text back into the game using codestation's divapatch plugin.

For the most part, I do a little of everything, though I'm not really a master of anything. I do some small translating, a little bit of hacking, and my biggest skill is probably graphics editing. I hope that answers your question.

Reactions: kagekyo and Hargrun

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Though this is a bit off-topic, you can get my Project DIVA patch from here. There is also a link in my signature. Besides the work done by Rolen47, all text in the game was translated by me, or by using existing translations for songs and tailoring them to fit into the game's 40 character line limit. I also hacked that text back into the game using codestation's divapatch plugin.

For the most part, I do a little of everything, though I'm not really a master of anything. I do some small translating, a little bit of hacking, and my biggest skill is probably graphics editing. I hope that answers your question.

It did thanks. Can't wait for this.

Arvee100smart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So the Prolouge and Akihisa's Story is finished.. yayy~! There's a total of 9 Character Story modes, I think. So 8 characters to go. Gambari guys! Hehe.

____
OMG, I'm a Hobbit fan too ~<3. Was able to watch it. I don't know what emotion should I say since all of them was present, lol.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Hate to be that guy
But any chance we will get Christmas/boxing day/New year eve/new year day patch updates or information?

FShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the project is not at a point where a patch could be released. I have no plans to release any form of patch until the game is fully translated. On another note, Tamekichi, our lead (and only) translator has not been able to make any more progress with the translation. I suppose you could say that the project is on a temporary hiatus until Tamekichi returns, or another translator joins the team.

That said, I may release a small preview of the translated script so you all can see what's been done. Unfortunately, since we haven't yet worked out all of the technical kinks, it may have to take the form of a subtitled video instead of an in-game preview. I feel bad about not having much in the area of updates, but we're kind of at a standstill, so there's not much I can do. But this project is by no means dead, so if you have any questions about the project, like how we handle certain localization changes or something of the like, I'd be more than willing to let you all know.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with us, and I hope you all keep supporting us as we move forward.

Reactions: kagekyo and Hargrun

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Unfortunately, the project is not at a point where a patch could be released. I have no plans to release any form of patch until the game is fully translated. On another note, Tamekichi, our lead (and only) translator has not been able to make any more progress with the translation. I suppose you could say that the project is on a temporary hiatus until Tamekichi returns, or another translator joins the team.

That said, I may release a small preview of the translated script so you all can see what's been done. Unfortunately, since we haven't yet worked out all of the technical kinks, it may have to take the form of a subtitled video instead of an in-game preview. I feel bad about not having much in the area of updates, but we're kind of at a standstill, so there's not much I can do. But this project is by no means dead, so if you have any questions about the project, like how we handle certain localization changes or something of the like, I'd be more than willing to let you all know.

Anyway, thanks for bearing with us, and I hope you all keep supporting us as we move forward.

I knew you may get confused by what I said

A subtitled video would be amazing
By patch updates I meant updates on the patxh not a real patch lol

But I hope that tame kichi returns with haste

However I hope you provide some sort of pictures videos what ever you can that let's us see what effort you have put in or are accomplishing

Have you completely decrypted the game yet?

Also could you message this user
He knows Japanese he could help you translate the script

http://gbatemp.net/members/zephir1991.310413/

Thanks for your reply

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I knew you may get confused by what I said
If you knew, why did you shamelessly copied and pasted the very same post in multiple threads...? :wtf:

Also could you message this user
He knows Japanese he could help you translate the script

http://gbatemp.net/members/zephir1991.310413/
Excuse me, but this user isn't available at the moment (internet issues) and when return will be working on Toukiden Kiwami, I suppose. I say this based on evidence and past chat, since neither you or I have the right to speak for this user.

[USER]FShadow[/USER], take your time! I'm really curious to see your creativity expressed in the game, but these things tend to be this way.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
If you knew, why did you shamelessly copied and pasted the very same post in multiple threads...? :wtf:

Excuse me, but this user isn't available at the moment (internet issues) and when return will be working on Toukiden Kiwami, I suppose. I say this based on evidence and past chat, since neither you or I have the right to speak for this user.

[USER]FShadow[/USER], take your time! I'm really curious to see your creativity expressed in the game, but these things tend to be this way.

Excuse me hagran but I am friends with this user
So I have factual proof
This user and me Skype
And I was invited to join kiwami but I refused
But this user may help you fshadow message him see what he says

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please keep it civilized. Both are correct. Just like color and colour. It depends on if you're considering "copy and paste" two actions or just one. There's no need to go around insulting other peoples' grammar, especially considering the fact that he's from Brazil and you have no idea if English is even his native tongue.

Anywhoo, on topic: keep up the good work, OP! I love these kinds of games. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of hacking (beyond basic console stuff) and only know a handful of Japanese words and phrases. I'm not contributing to the thread, but just thought I'd let you know your work is appreciated.

Xiuichi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to participate in this but I would love to join as a translator if one is still needed!
I love baka and test and I actually have played the game before, it was really fun. I think it's great that someone is going to make an eng patch for people who want to play but feel the language barrier is too much. I'd really love to help bring this game to a larger audience through this patch.

Reactions: Hargrun

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
[quote ="Pedeadstrian, post: 5257148, member: 316081"]How is that relevant to this thread?[/quote]

Well depending on his answer
Those two anmie also have psp releases which we will never see again unless fans of the animiee translate the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?