Hacking Baka & Test Portable - English Translation Project

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
We're not close to done yet. I've been busy the past week so I haven't been able to get to scripts at the moment. We'll be done when we're done, so please be patient!

Are you and FShadow planning on working on this alot during Summer or are you going at your own pace? Im just curious is all because its always important to not rush these things.Fans are second when it comes to these types of things, the only thing that matters is doing it the way you want it.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Things have been rather slow lately, unfortunately. The project isn't done, but it's not dead either. I wrote a basic script viewer to help with the script revision process. It takes an input file and displays it in a textbox similar to how it would appear in-game, without any characters or animation.

I'll probably update first post of the thread with more detailed measures of progress. In the meantime, here's a screenshot of my script viewer in action:

How is progress guys. This is one i have been looking forwards too!

Reactions: OracleXion

FShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized how long it's been since I last posted here, so I thought I'd pop in and give a bit of an update. Progress is still slow, unfortunately. However, since the last time I updated the first post, we've reached 50% completion for the first revision of the story scripts, and just over 20% completion for the second revisions.

Revising/localizing the scripts is one of the most important parts of this project, since the story places a greater focus on comedy than plot substance. So, if we don't take our time and make sure that all the jokes translate well, the story mode will unfortunately end up as a bland and visual novel. I appreciate you all's patience, and will keep you up to date with any significant progress as it is made.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd pop in and update a bit too! It's partially my fault that things have been going so slow lately. I had a big move and had to get registered for college and sort all that out, so sorry about all that.

I'll try my best to get back into the swing of things and go back to working when I can, but I can't make any promises that it'll be too soon depending on how things go. ^^;

feluco1285

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to provide me the Image Tool or at least the sprites for the characters of the game? I need to use it for something that is not related to this project at all and I would really appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance :)

scragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I don't have any real knowledge of Japanese, I do know English well and just finished reading the Baka and Test light novel series, I'd be willing to try to help with the localization process. Unfortunately I'm not very good with forum interfaces so I don't actually know how to PM (or maybe I don't have the authorization yet?).

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
While I don't have any real knowledge of Japanese, I do know English well and just finished reading the Baka and Test light novel series, I'd be willing to try to help with the localization process. Unfortunately I'm not very good with forum interfaces so I don't actually know how to PM (or maybe I don't have the authorization yet?).

Just left click Fshadow nickname under his avatar. A box will pop up and you see will the magic word.

scragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just left click Fshadow nickname under his avatar. A box will pop up and you see will the magic word.
Thanks, but all i see is profile, follow, ignore :( I just got authorization to even post on the boards an hour ago, so maybe it's 'cause I'm so new :(

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Er... I'm not in the position to say anything about the progress. All I did was helping out a fellow gbatemper with translation of a small segment scripts. My main project is something else. From what I recall, they need more native english speakers and someone who's familiar with the humour of this anime to localize the scripts properly.

movileanu12x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
well i used to english after all the years i spend everywhere and watched all anime (long time ago) that is about this game but i dont think anyone would need my help at this stage lol

FShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a while of delay, the project is regaining a bit of traction. User scragged has joined the team to help revise the scripts, and I've managed to complete Revision 2 of Mizuki Himeji's story sequence. Sorry this project is taking so long, but I'm dedicated to putting out the best possible product, so it should definitely be worth the wait.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any screenshots to show right now, since everything at this point is pretty much just script revision, but I might try to post a couple interesting lines of dialog later on.

DashingBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if you still needed localizers, I'm well versed in english and am a pretty big fan of Baka and Test. I wanted to PM FShadow but I had the same problem another user did where I can't PM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night