nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry dontknow how to pm XD
do i use the chat option?
I think you need a certain amount of posts before you can PM someone.
You do it, by clicking on this:
eCc8unT.png

I did the PM thingy before posting here, but everyone else was posting here, so I wanted to post my pic here as well.

It's like some horrible database of terrible image quality screenshots, and I wanted to be a part of it (for reasons not even I understand).
I get your point xD just don't forget to PM her, I'm not sure how fast she will add someone if that person only posts here.

Dgabriel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think you need a certain amount of posts before you can PM someone.
You do it, by clicking on this:
eCc8unT.png

I get your point xD just don't forget to PM her, I'm not sure how fast she will add someone if that person only posts here.

oh thanks

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed it... without knowing that it released just now. I was like 'Hey I didn't updated luma for a long time. Let's update it... What..? It doesn't support a9lh now? Why not try the new method then.'
I was using the old v1 a9lh and wasn't following the scene closely. I feel fresh now :D

Reactions: hurrz

JoshuaDoes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joshuadoes.com
XP
Country
United States
Eh. I installed a9lh when the guide was just an OTP guide that needed people to compile a9lh, so I'd install b9s today if I could... but since I don't like Luma's chainloader, I' have to update a9lhay to b9s first so that won't be today :(
You can always compile your current Luma3DS version into a FIRM file and use that instead, although it's highly recommended to continue using the most up to date versions of Luma3DS

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can always compile your current Luma3DS version into a FIRM file and use that instead, although it's highly recommended to continue using the most up to date versions of Luma3DS
Not sure what you understood from my post. Obviously I'm using the latest Luma (as a .firm file). The "problem" is its chainloader, which I don't like. I want my boot manager to run before Luma, among other things. Except that there is no boot manager that runs on b9s.

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a quick thing.

If you installed boot9strap successfully, send me a message with the title "boot9strap badge" and an image showing your successful installation (running Luma 7.1). I will add you to www.boot9strap.com so that when you go to the url www.boot9strap.com?user=yourusername it will say that you're a verified day one installer. You can add the badge found here http://www.boot9strap.com/resources/images/badge.png to your sig (you might not want to right now as it's a bit ugly, I just did a quick hack job in MS Paint, but in future it will be something pretty). In your sig you can have a link called, say, 'day one installer' (or whatever you like) and have it point to www.boot9strap.com?user=yourusername.

If anybody is good at front-end web stuff I'd much appreciate a pretty looking page (you can add pseudocode to say "show this if verified" and "show this if not verified" and I'll take care of the logic). And if anyone is good at Photoshop and wants to make a pretty badge that'd be great too. Otherwise I'll ask a friend of mine when she comes back from holiday.

I'll keep applications open for a week (say ending Sunday 28th May 11:59pm AEST) to give people a chance to notice.

Do I win?

Attachments

• 20170520_113410.jpg
    20170520_113410.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 202

JoshuaDoes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joshuadoes.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you understood from my post. Obviously I'm using the latest Luma (as a .firm file). The "problem" is its chainloader, which I don't like. I want my boot manager to run before Luma, among other things. Except that there is no boot manager that runs on b9s.
Define "my boot manager" please. If it's an A9LH payload, I can compile it into a FIRM file for you if you'd like.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Define "my boot manager" please. If it's an A9LH payload, I can compile it into a FIRM file for you if you'd like.
That's only one part of the problem though. Of course firmtools can make a boot manager bootable by boot9strap (that's what was done on CtrBootManager9 here). But it also has to boot stuff then. And it seems CtrBootManager9 is able to boot "tools" (decrypt9, godmode9, etc) but not CFWs (Luma, Gateway, etc).

Reactions: THYPLEX

JoshuaDoes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
joshuadoes.com
XP
Country
United States
That's only one part of the problem though. Of course firmtools can make a boot manager bootable by boot9strap (that's what was done on CtrBootManager9 here). But it also has to boot stuff then. And it seems CtrBootManager9 is able to boot "tools" (decrypt9, godmode9, etc) but not CFWs (Luma, Gateway, etc).
Then the creator of CtrBootManager9 will have to update things accordingly to boot FIRM files, or even support both ARM9 payloads and FIRM files depending on whichever one is better for the given program in question. And if you can't wait, see if you can do it yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte