Bad video on some games & emulators (softmod unleashedx)

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_4923.JPG
Hello, just recently got a crystal xbox (pal) & softmodded it with a bunch of games and emulators, but the problem is that 3 of them result in this kind of picture.
The 3 games so far that have resulted In this are final burn legends 2.3, vbag gba emu and arctic thunder game.
Any ideas what could be causing this?
I am using component cables and selected the hd option when installing the softmod

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Third party component cables are notoriously shitty.
Other using the original MS HD AV pak or composite, you could try to reset the video settings to the original settings

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Third party component cables are notoriously shitty.
Other using the original MS HD AV pak or composite, you could try to reset the video settings to the original settings

I tried resetting video and even softmodded again to make sure, but no luck. I have just tested on another Xbox which had the exact same softmod, files and cables and they work perfectly on there.
Any ideas? It's a crystal xbox and most games aren't affected but some are, which as I said they work fine on the other og black xbox

Joyer7319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running 720p? 480p? Try disabling all in unleash x. I had similiar problem. If they run unscrabmbled, then set the individual emus to whatever you want. 720 or 480p.
Ill bet its a 1.6 xbox. Arctic Thunder and a handful of others, csnt run 480p without a patch on a 1.6 xbox. Video chip differences. The patch is easily installed in xbmc.

Last edited by Joyer7319,

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running 720p? 480p? Try disabling all in unleash x. I had similiar problem. If they run unscrabmbled, then set the individual emus to whatever you want. 720 or 480p.
Ill bet its a 1.6 xbox. Arctic Thunder and a handful of others, csnt run 480p without a patch on a 1.6 xbox. Video chip differences. The patch is easily installed in xbmc.

I tried disabling 720/1080 etc and no luck. have not got it working yet but I was thinking it has to be a newer box with video differences.
So you think i can install a patch to final burn legends arctic & any others? And is it one patch for all or different patches for each? Thanks again
IMG_4927.JPG
^system info on the offending crystal xbox, noticed the blank version info whereas the box that doesn't have the issue says version v1.1 (0b)

Last edited by |<roni&g,

Joyer7319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried disabling 720/1080 etc and no luck. have not got it working yet but I was thinking it has to be a newer box with video differences.
So you think i can install a patch to final burn legends arctic & any others? And is it one patch for all or different patches for each? Thanks again
View attachment 114111
^system info on the offending crystal xbox, noticed the blank version info whereas the box that doesn't have the issue says version v1.1 (0b)
And you disabled 480p? If you run 480i, i honestly cant imagine why this is. The patch is only for xbox games. The emus should work.

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you disabled 480p? If you run 480i, i honestly cant imagine why this is. The patch is only for xbox games. The emus should work.

Yes I tried disabling the 480p/720/1080
And still the images are scrambled on boot. Tv says the signal is 480p even with everything disabled.
I managed to start a game with final burn legends, it unscrambles it but then it's scrambles again next time I go on. Has to be a 1.6 xbox with the video issues.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The softmod you’re using is forcing 480p SID usually does this by default.

I made a script for XBMC that will scan your games and apply loaders to fix these issues.
( not all games can be fixed this way, some just don’t load in 480p on v1.6 Xbox )

Though I have FBL 1.23 and have zero issues on my v1.6 Xbox so not sure why you are.

Retroarch also needs a loader, but you can manually apply loaders to stuff that isn’t a game.

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The softmod you’re using is forcing 480p SID usually does this by default.

I made a script for XBMC that will scan your games and apply loaders to fix these issues.
( not all games can be fixed this way, some just don’t load in 480p on v1.6 Xbox )

Though I have FBL 1.23 and have zero issues on my v1.6 Xbox so not sure why you are.

Retroarch also needs a loader, but you can manually apply loaders to stuff that isn’t a game.

Thanks for the info.
A 1080p dash would be nice if that's possible?
But nothing is useful unless I can get all the games unscrambled.
I started on FBL 1.20 & that had the same issue, and 1.23 is the same for me.
I'm keen to try your script on XBMC, but how do I do it? and will the games load unscrambled from unleashed x after the script?
thanks again

Edit: just read your reply on xbmc4xbox, but the part where it says "I know its a year late, but here is fixes for all scrambled games." its blank

Last edited by |<roni&g,

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info.
A 1080p dash would be nice if that's possible?
But nothing is useful unless I can get all the games unscrambled.
I started on FBL 1.20 & that had the same issue, and 1.23 is the same for me.
I'm keen to try your script on XBMC, but how do I do it? and will the games load unscrambled from unleashed x after the script?
thanks again

Edit: just read your reply on xbmc4xbox, but the part where it says "I know its a year late, but here is fixes for all scrambled games." its blank

1080p is not possible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRN8P835YijNkVEdUlFSUFMUzQ

The script patches the loaders so dashboards don’t know any different, so trainers eg... will work in XBMC or the other trainer ap for example.

Gets installed to the scripts folder. Also requires XBMC 3.5.3 or later.

Don’t run 1080i on the Xbox uses to much ram and the GPU/CPU can’t handle it, so you will get slowdown.

Last edited by Rocky5,

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1080p is not possible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRN8P835YijNkVEdUlFSUFMUzQ

The script patches the loaders so dashboards don’t know any different, so trainers eg... will work in XBMC or the other trainer ap for example.

Gets installed to the scripts folder. Also requires XBMC 3.5.3 or later.

Don’t run 1080i on the Xbox uses to much ram and the GPU/CPU can’t handle it, so you will get slowdown.

Thanks, Arctic thunder loaded but crashed before first level, but now it wont boot from xbmc or unleashedx. Tried Auto updating from the script but still no luck.
Have you seen that before?

|<roni&g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Not every iso is good. I tried 2. 2nd one worked.
Ok so before I try downloading another, for you the game loaded, crashed while loading the race, then failed to load the next try? And you fixed by downloading a different version of the game?

Joyer7319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so before I try downloading another, for you the game loaded, crashed while loading the race, then failed to load the next try? And you fixed by downloading a different version of the game?
Correct. Different iso, different site. Run the game successfully with 480p,720p,1080i unselected in unleash x. then run Rocky5's script. Thats how i did it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte