Bad time for a modchip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pigwooly, Sep 2, 2007.

Sep 2, 2007

Bad time for a modchip? by Pigwooly at 9:08 PM (975 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Pigwooly
    OP

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was thinking of getting a Wiikey, but a lot of people seem to be having problems lately with it making their Wii not be able to recognize any discs at all (backup and original). With all the confusion over updates and the like is this a bad time to get a modchip or should I go ahead and get a Wiikey or should I get something else like a Cyclowiz?

2. wiimii

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    its up to you which mod chip you decide to install. the people gettin the disk read errors and such are probobly people who have either installed there chip incorrectly rendering the drive useless or may bee a bad chip , but im very pleased with my wiikey

3. evilmind

Newcomer evilmind Member

United States
    I'm also happy with my WiiKey mod. I even think that is one fake Wiikey but works fine. I had updated to nintendo 3.0U firmware without any problem.

4. aardvarks

Member aardvarks GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    For me the wiikey has worked like a charm. i have modded around 40 wii's all with wiikey. never had a comlaint. same goes for atleast 200 games done for them. mind you i had to replace my pc dvd as it was getting tired [​IMG]

5. lanleague

Member lanleague GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We'll see what comes of the promised Wiikey update, but if you want a full featured chip that is being supported, I'd pick Cyclowiz in a heartbeat over Wiikey.

You can load opensource code onto the Cyclowiz and unlike the Wiikey is actually have audio-fix.