bad pixels on Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by azotyp, Oct 17, 2007.

Oct 17, 2007

bad pixels on Nintendo DS by azotyp at 12:04 PM (992 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. azotyp
    OP

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    I have a question, im planning to buy a nintendo ds lite, but dont know how is now bad pixels situation on world DS market.
    Is nintendo still releasing a consoles with bad pixels, or they started to do some quality controles and aren't releasing bad pixeled Nintendo DS Lite's ?

2. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    well, i think newer ds lites being manufactured have worse screens, so that might contribute to dead pixels, but mine personally doesnt have them

3. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Every electronic with a liquid crystal display screen will have a chance of coming with bad pixels. Thats just the nature of LCD screens.

4. azotyp
    OP

Poland
    Yeah i know, but since nintendo are replacing/repairing bad pixeled consoles, they could like make quality controles for lcd's.

Anyway im planning buy ds in normal shop wit guarranty, hope they will replace bad pixeled ds if my new bought ds will have some.

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I'm kind of tight about the pixels, so I've gone through many DSLs finding a good one. From my sales, the chance of finding a unit with no stuck/dead pixels is somewhere around 20%.

6. azotyp
    OP

Poland
    So maybe good choice would be to buy ds from second hand like on auction, from person that wrights that in his console there are no bad pixels.

7. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Nintendo's goal is to spend as little as they can making the DS, and if something is wrong, they're hoping the consumer wont care.

8. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Never had ANY problems with DS units myself (but I'm an early adopter). Can't really imagine units coming with dead pixels being normal (considering the size of the screen cutting around bad pixels shouldn't be to hard and shouldn't leave much waste). Doesn't your store give you a return policy?

9. azotyp
    OP

Poland
    I dont know now, cose i didnt checked it out yet, but i will shure check thing like that before buying anything.

10. Switchy

Member Switchy GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    I'm so surprised to keep reading these stories about problems when buying a DS and having to exchange it time after time.

I bought my first DS (Phat) the day it was released and it was perfectly fine.
    There was a speck of dirt between the screen and the case but I didn't feel like opening up my DS and it didn't bother me at all either.
    Then a month ago or so I bought myself a Lite and there weren't any problems either!

Was I lucky or ... ? [​IMG]