Gaming Bad Hitachi 59DJ Flash

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Topic pretty much says it all. The flash fucked up and now the drive is pretty much worthless. It did backup the original firmware but how the hell am I going to toss this back on?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's 100% bricked (won't go mode b , won't show up in windows) , then you have to remove the flash and program it in an external programmer , then solder it back on. There is no software fix for bricked hitachi drives. So it's either a new drive or find someone who fixes them (loads of people on xbox-scene).

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I've fired through my options and found the culprit. I won't go into detail as while I know how to modify the script to get around an issue I had BEFORE flashing, I forgot one or two lines that made all the difference. Sometimes you gotta learn through mistakes.

Anyways, I KNOW I can't desolder and solder that chip on without fucking up as I've never soldered before. A new drive is surprisingly not as expensive as I thought and I'd like to point out I have a second 360 so it's not the end of the world or anything. So this is just going to get tossed in a box and I'll deal with it later.

The part that hurts the most is fucking up royally and knowing that it is all your fault. That and realizing how easily you could have avoided the fuck up.

EDIT: Armadillo you marvelous fuck! You mentioning 100% bricked just made me realize that if it fucked up at the very beginning, I may still be able to get it to work. Sure enough 2 restarts of the xbox and the pc later, tossing the drive back into mode b and I can see the drive again!

EDIT 2: Successfully flashed the drive by trying my luck without a disk in the drive when flashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone