Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The online is pretty broken, IMO.

No real explanation on ANYTHING.
Lag on "dedicated" servers ruins games.
Game get boring when there are like 6 ppl.
When running, must steer with mouse.
Weapon selection with the mouse is pretty weird... can't ever really get a select the gun you want.

A little tip: hit Q when you see a bad guy and you can see them for like 2 seconds...

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You must've bought the game already...?

Gives me thoughts since I am not really sure whether or not I want this game. I tried the online demo for 360 and I had a lot of fun with like 16 people playing
biggrin.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
juggernaut911 said:
What...? When I played the beta it ran great, no lag (well, sometimes it lagged but that was my 4830
tongue.gif
).

Maybe it's since you played before people can buy the game.
rolleyes.gif

During the beta I'd log into a hardcore server, 40ms ping and around 30-31 people in there.
biggrin.gif
Doesn't get any better.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Arctic said:
juggernaut911 said:
40ms ping and around 30-31 people in there.
biggrin.gif
Doesn't get any better.
Same here, but maybe it's because I live near Dallas. Even with my slow internet, I can get 16 ping if I play on a Dallas server, and there are plenty of those with more than 20 people on them. Loads of fun when playing on the beta.

Also, here's a pretty good guide:
"I'm a sniper! I'm a sniper!"
Though it doesn't say that Q was the spot/socialize button since it's for the consoles. I never used it though since I didn't know what it did.

I also had some trouble with selecting weapons, since the wheel seems to go the "opposite" way for selecting weapons. Your primaries should be at one end while the secondaries should be at the other, but it seems to be flipped if you can understand what I mean. The key binding doesn't let you make it go the other way. I'm terrible at switching weapons using the number keys as well. I actually want more but I can't buy it right now!

Running was a minor problem for me coming from Modern Warfare, but... Nothing too big for me to complain about. I got used to it. And the game does need some kind of explanation on some stuff since they don't know what the rush game mode is and people just play like it's deathmatch or something.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I was playing some more. Couldn't join a server from time-outs or I'd get kicked before I was even in the game. The server browser is so frustrating. Click history, 3 minute refresh. Look at all servers... just go outside, this takes sooo effing long. Ridiculous how shitty this game is and how much I paid. I want a fucking refund. This is bullshit. I love you MW1.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
The server browser is so frustrating. Click history, 3 minute refresh. Look at all servers... just go outside, this takes sooo effing long.
I found the server browser to be really slow as well. I guess it's nice to know I wasn't the only one with that problem. I'm guessing they want you to use the "Play Now" option, which would defeat the whole purpose of the server browser. Does it still not let you sort by ping/players/anything? I noticed it had filters, but it wouldn't let me sort by anything when I was playing the beta.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Here are some BF:Bad Company 2 Tips, Tricks.

1. Hit Enter, while alive, to bring up the squad menu.

2. While planting or disarming the cap points, you can still fire, reload, etc without interrupting the process
You can still look around while you're arming and disarming the bomb. You don't have to look directly at it.

3. When you fire a sniper rifle, if you hold down the fire button you will continue to look thorugh your scope. This will allow you to see where your bullets are hitting if they didnt hit your target.

4. The cap points have hit points. If the defending team is guarding a point really hard, park a tank on a hill and shoot at the cap point until it blows up or you destroy the building it is in.

5. You can access your parachute from any height that would normally hurt you (Space Bar).

6. The stationary missile launchers are guided. After you fire you have some control over the rockets flight path.

7. Think outside the box. Some explosions can kill people on the other side of a wall. Red boxes, red barrels, Engineer RPG and stationary AT all have the explosive power to do this. The rifle mounted grenade launcher does NOT.

8. Your knife is more than just for killing. It will cut through chainlink fences just as easy as it cuts through a door. Why go around an obstacle when you can cut through it?

9. The engineer repair tool can be used for more than just repairs. It will damage enemy vehicles and can even be used to kill enemies in melee range.

10. You can use your repair tool to make little holes in barricades or walls and use for shooting and coverage

11. "If you press Q (Orders), while aiming over a teammate (medic, engineer, assault), you request his assistance (healing, repairing, ammo)."

12. "You can revive soldiers through windows and holes in a walls, if they are right next to the window/wall."

13. Mix things up a bit. "The recon class can be played well without a sniper as an offensive class (shotgun+dynamite)."

14. It's a bird. No, it's a plane. No, it's a *BOOM* "Fly HIGH with the UAV until you need to fire a missile. You want to be an inconspicuous observer until you are ready to fire."

15. "If you shoot at something and get the hit marker, it means you did damage." If it looks like you hit but no marker, it means you missed it or did not cause any damage.

16. If you can't fly then don't even try. Leave it to the pros. It can turn the tide of battle.

17. Always aim above the head (Not at the head) with a sniper rifle to get a head shot. 9/10 times it will be and remember to take into account distance and gravity (bullet drop) when firing.

18. If you are recon and dont have a sniper rifle, the mortar binoculars also server as a great reconnaissance tool to spot enemies (get spotting points)

19. Use "Q" while spotting/aiming at enemies and it'll bring up a triangle above the spotted enemy to let your teammates know where the enemies are for a small amount of time.

20. When you're a sniper, do not snipe from the same spot twice.

21. Helicopter mouse controls are inverted unless you check the corresponding box in the settings.

22. C4 around a cap point makes a nice trap . Be careful C4 will damage your own cap point.

23. Firing very fast back to back 1 round bursts is very effective for accuracy with assault rifles at a medium-far range.

24. Can kill through door with knife.

25. ATTACK CHOPPER:
DOESN'T take damage from any non explosive infantry weapon.
You CAN SNIPE OUT the pilot/passenger.
You CAN damage the pilot/passenger with regular bullets.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
How's the game multiplayer?
Can anyone compare it to CoD 4, CoD 2 and maybe TF 2?
Haven't tried in a while but it certainly doesn't compare when it's under bugs.
MW2 is terrible to, just don't mention it!

Browser was still broken for me, couldn't join anything that wasn't full (reported as not full, tried, full, refresh list, still says not full). Also, my friends list got wiped.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
juggernaut911 said:
Weapon selection with the mouse is pretty weird... can't ever really get a select the gun you want.

- Even with no explanations, you get the hang of playing fairly quickly. Game mode descriptions in the "Play Now" section, and tutorials are in the first mission of single player much like MW2.
- Obviously, this particular game is meant to be played with at LEAST 8 vs 8.
- They disable sprinting in diagonal directions to be more realistic. You don't see real life people sprinting diagonally while facing straight forward.
- What do you mean? It's point and click. Presto, you have your gun. o.o

Playtime for me has become a couple days worth now. Couple crashes here and there, but my experience is good. Only seen maybe 1 or 2 hackers in 200+ matches.

And for the Server Browser issue, just click "Search" and click "Cancel" right away. You'll get the servers.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
juggernaut911 said:
Satangel said:
How's the game multiplayer?
Can anyone compare it to CoD 4, CoD 2 and maybe TF 2?
Haven't tried in a while but it certainly doesn't compare when it's under bugs.
MW2 is terrible to, just don't mention it!

Browser was still broken for me, couldn't join anything that wasn't full (reported as not full, tried, full, refresh list, still says not full). Also, my friends list got wiped.

I didn't mention it, it's no multiplayer game IMHO.
CoD multiplayer ended with CoD 4, and although that was a very good multiplayer, I like the CoD 2 multiplayer the most.
More skill in that game, less luck.
TF 2 is just fun, good combination of skill and luck.
Raiser said:
QUOTE(juggernaut911 @ Mar 2 2010, 06:05 PM)

- Even with no explanations, you get the hang of playing fairly quickly. Game mode descriptions in the "Play Now" section, and tutorials are in the first mission of single player much like MW2.
- Obviously, this particular game is meant to be played with at LEAST 8 vs 8.
- They disable sprinting in diagonal directions to be more realistic. You don't see real life people sprinting diagonally while facing straight forward.

Playtime for me has become a couple days worth now. Couple crashes here and there, but my experience is good. Only seen maybe 1 or 2 hackers in 200+ matches.

And for the Server Browser issue, just click "Search" and click "Cancel" right away. You'll get the servers.

So there are some bugs in the game? Any word on patches?

Can you maybe compare it to CoD 2/4? I especially want to know if you can play this game even after playing it everyday after a month.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
So there are some bugs in the game? Any word on patches?

Can you maybe compare it to CoD 2/4? I especially want to know if you can play this game even after playing it everyday after a month.

Yeah, almost if not all Battlefield games have a fair amount of bugs in them, but nothing really that game-breaking.
DICE devs have already realized a lot of these bugs and have begun working on them for future patches. (:

I never played CoD 2, but a little 4, mostly 6. I would imagine 6 is somewhat similar to 4?
I had a really fun time with 6, but you don't really need skill to be good in it; just quick reaction times. :/

This game on the other hand requires strategy, teamwork, and actual skill. You can't just run around expecting to kill every enemy you see nor can you camp somewhere and expect to play well (score, win/lose wise).

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
juggernaut911 said:
I meant like not needing a mouse to steer it, not sprint diagonally and stuff.
I mean while in battle.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
FYI Satangel if you plan to buy it on PC, there are some good deals out there right now, so PM me if you are buying.

Asides from that, frankly I enjoyed CoD4 quite a bit more than Battlefield Bad Company 2 so far. The two games are targetted to different people definitely, Bad Company 2 requires sinking in a lot more time to get used to. Lots of little things to learn here and there, from sniping above the head to driving a copter. CoD4 you can get the hang of relatively quickly. I'm not saying BC2 is bad, it is just terribly.... un-fun, when you are starting out, people just crush you, whereas CoD4 is a little easier on noobs to start off with.
Well I definitely agree with how getting used to BC2 is a lot harder and more time consuming than CoD.
A lot of people like CoD more than BC2 and vice versa. Personally, I find both to be equally as fun.

juggernaut911 said:
Raiser said:
QUOTE(juggernaut911 @ Mar 2 2010, 06:05 PM) No real explanation on ANYTHING.
I meant like not needing a mouse to steer it, not sprint diagonally and stuff.
I mean while in battle.
Turning while running with anything other than your mouse (ie A and D) would be.. incredibly odd. Unless I'm still misinterpreting your statement. Dx

And you can switch weapons quickly and easily with the number keys (usually 1-5). Then there's the slower, select method using the mouse's scroll wheel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr