Bad Burns with Verbatim Datalifeplus (MCC 03RG20)

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Monty Kensicle, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Monty Kensicle
    OP

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Hello! As the title says I'm having the worst time getting a good PS2 burn on the Verbatim media I got and was looking for advice.

I've used IMGBurn and Alcohol 120% at 4x and 8x
    I've tried 4 different DVD burners and two different batches of these Verbatims

I thought it might be my burners but some Maxell (MXL RG02) DVD-Rs I got at a thrift store over a year ago work great with my PS2 Slim.

Are they just two bad batches in a row? I thought Verbatims were the go-to when burning PS2 media.

Thank you for your time.

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    Verbatims are great. They must be -R, though. +R or RW won't work right. When you say "two different batches" we're they purchased at the same time from the same store? They could be two different spools, but the same batch since they are shipped on pallets.

3. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    ive used verbatim(this was atleast 3 years ago though) before and they worked fine. I also used UMGBurn on 4x, so it could be 2 times a bad batch.

4. Monty Kensicle
    OP

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    This is so bizarre, I never got a single notification that anyone replied to my post. But anyway, thank you for the advice. Turns out my go-to burner only plays nice with the Maxell but I found another burner that loves the Verbatims and works well with them and the Maxells.

5. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I haven't been getting notifications either. Other users have said the same thing. Maybe too many notifications flowing through with the new exciting developments in the 3ds world. I'm glad you found a solution to your problem.