Bad burn or something else?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Yoyoenix91, Apr 24, 2010.

Apr 24, 2010
  1. Yoyoenix91
    OP

Newcomer Yoyoenix91 Member

United States
    I just got into the whole Softmodding thing for the Wii, but I've burned several games, and loaded several more off of USB Flash Drives. On one of my discs, I burnt Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Now, everything seems fine, except when the FMVs or Audio skips. That can be overlooked. The one thing that CAN'T be overlooked is when I go to a tutorial in game, and the screen goes black all of a sudden. The game still runs, I can hear the music and move the menu around and suck still, but it doesn't come back until a few seconds later, or until I skip through the scene.

Is this the result of a bad burn, or something else? If so, what speed should I burn at? My burnt copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom plays flawlessly, and so does New Super Mario Bros. Wii, so I'm at a loss.

Also, since I've softmodded my Wii, the load up jingle on the Wii's System Menu sometimes cuts itself off, or the music in the background sometimes skips. Is this fixable? It's not a priority, just an unrelated curiosity.

As for ANOTHER unrelated question: If I were to play a back up of Monster Hunter Tri on DVD or USB, would it be safe to use Wifi? I've heard of people being banned, but I'm not sure if it's for cheating, or if it's for playing a back up.

Thank you, to whomever can help me. 83

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Burns read only at 3X, retails at 6X, USB loaders even faster.
    Some games read data at 6X, and thats why your lagging.
    Burn at a slow speed, thats all you can do.

3. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah burn at a slow speed. Could be a bad burn it is possible. I use ImgBurn at 4x with Verbatim DVD-R's.

Sounds like your doing it right since other games work fine. I'd try that software and or a really slow burning speed as well. See if that helps good luck. [​IMG]

4. ddetkowski

United States
    Online play is fine, no bans from ninty, I tried cheat codes, and online with cheats won't even work.
    There's no way backups are detected, also.

5. Yoyoenix91
    OP

Newcomer Yoyoenix91 Member

United States
    Does that count for burnt Gamecube games? Or just Wii games?

And if IMGBurn dictates that my supported Write Speeds ar 2X and 4X, I should use 2X at all times?
    Why do burns get read slower anyways? And is there a list of games that run at 6X speed?
    God dammit I need an External HDD.

6. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah you do need an external lol. Same for Wii and GC, I use 4x and it always works for me.

7. ddetkowski

United States
    [/quote]

Does that count for burnt Gamecube games? Or just Wii games?

And if IMGBurn dictates that my supported Write Speeds ar 2X and 4X, I should use 2X at all times?
    Why do burns get read slower anyways? And is there a list of games that run at 6X speed?
    God dammit I need an External HDD.
    [/quote]

Only Wii games.
    My lowest with Imgburn is 4X, all play fine, GC & Wii.
    List of games at 6X? I don't think anyone compiled a list of them.....

( Messed up the quotes, sorry...)