backups to load from disc channel, THE STRESS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zerocool99, Jun 13, 2009.

1. zerocool99
    OP

Newcomer zerocool99 Member

United Kingdom
    hi all, after a couple of nights messing around with the wii ( bricking it a few times !!!) managed to get version 4.0e on my wii (no chip ), as i had softmii before i downgraded first to 3.2e then back up etc , installed cioscorp from my softmii pack , wannikos cios ver 9 , preloader .29 and the usb loader .....

and all working perfect ( very happy with myself) disabled updates and forced disc region etc

just one question

HOW DO I GET MY BACKUP DISC TO BE SEEN IN THE DISC CHANNEL , i have tried numerous ways, but ever time i do it it bricks my wii ( eur4.0 black screen )

please could someone tell me the file to install to make this possible , because every time i try it bricks

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm pretty sure that using Preloader to make the System Menu run off of IOS249 will give you what you want.

3. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I used to have Preloader run the System Menu under IOS249. However, since rev12 (possibly rev10, don't recall), loading an authentic Wii game's banner would freeze up the Wii. (Backups might trigger a freeze-up as well... I don't have burnt Wii games.)

You'll either have to find a DIP'd System Menu IOS, or have the System Menu run IOS249.

4. zerocool99
    OP

Newcomer zerocool99 Member

United Kingdom
    HOW DO YOU DO THAT ?? PLS

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Install Preloader, turn off your Wii. Hold Reset down while turning on the Wii, you'll get to the Preloader menu. Go to Settings, and scroll down to System Menu IOS. When it is highlighted, move left or right until you hit 249. Save your settings, and boot into the System Menu.

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Also, I'll bet the reason you keep bricking with cioscorp is because you're installing the version meant for 3.2. Find the one for 4.0 if disc channel loading means that much to you.

7. ThetaSigma10

Member ThetaSigma10 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Deleted by original poster.