Hacking Backups question

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one problem though - u need to access the homebrew launcher to install haxchi in any form. that requires the browser exploit. that's been patched with 5.5.2. I believe it will force u to update in order to access the eshop.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u need browserhax to install haxchi or to get into the homebrew launcher. I don't think there's anything u can do unfortunately.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that whole other conversation was pointless then? In the other thread?
Any WiiU that's been sitting unplugged since before last night still has 5.5.1 on it. You'd be able to run the browser hack on those until they get updated - either intentionally or accidentally.

DarkWolfRaiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any WiiU that's been sitting unplugged since before last night still has 5.5.1 on it. You'd be able to run the browser hack on those until they get updated - either intentionally or accidentally.

But don't I...you know...need to update to get Haxchi?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But don't I...you know...need to update to get Haxchi?
No, you'd specify the blocked DNS entries, run the web exploit, spoof (if necessary) and run NNUPatcher, then go to eShop and buy the title, download the title with an NUS downloader on the PC, remove that download's fake title.tik (if there is one) and install it using WUPInstaller. (All still possible because you never updated)

NNUPatcher is what gets you by the update check.

DarkWolfRaiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you'd specify the blocked DNS entries, run the web exploit, spoof (if necessary) and run NNUPatcher, then go to eShop and buy the title, download the title with an NUS downloader on the PC, remove that download's fake title.tik (if there is one) and install it using WUPInstaller. (All still possible because you never updated)

NNUPatcher is what gets you by the update check.

Smoke outta my ears. What? That sounds complicated.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smoke outta my ears. What? That sounds complicated.
It sounds complicated because you haven't used any of the tools, and now you need them all at once. You can thank Nintendo for that. The take-away here would be that any console that's been sitting around can still be exploited. Find a console, make sure it's on 5.5.1, then ask us for the specific instructions you need at that time. Things are going to change over the next few days as we learn more about what still works and what doesn't, but the steps above are what you'd have to do if you had a console in front of you tonight and were trying to get it going.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    most battery operated mice don't even work anymore if the internal battery dies
    the L hdmi cables work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them than regular cables. in that instance anyway.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: the L hdmi cables work great on my tv and receiver. so much less stress on the ports using them...