Hacking Backups only.

hard5ter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i had tw hack installed, i was on 3.4e and installed backuplauncher 0.3
my dvd's was fine i played of my backups..no poroblems..(apart from SSBB which i think was a bad dvd-9 burn) as drive was just ticking, like struggling to read.

reading about updates and the likes, i downgraded to 3.2 popped starfall on too..

now.
seeing as i am not interested in homebrew, and only backup playing..

is 3.2 the best way to go? if so is there a list of ios's or cios needed to play every game? i read 34, and 55 are needed for NFSU, is these needed on 3.4 or only on 3.2? or not needed if using latest launcher 0.3 gamma 002 fix.....or is 3.4 and backuplauncher 0.3 better?
only thing ive installed (i think) is the 249 rev 7 ios...

obviously with each new game that has an update, i may need to update the launcher software i think? which there is no way round other than installing modchip.

also, can i hide homebrew channel so kid cant mess anything up too..

basically im after popping everything into the wii, and removing everything that can brick it, so the kid can play bacups safely.

so mich talk of patch this game, and install this cios and the likes melting my brain!

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
if you are only interested in the facility to play backups, i would (if you havent allready) install and use gamma channel with 002 fix

stay on 3.2 with starfall, that way your game disk update protected as starfall skips it

if thats all you are doing, take the sd card out and hide it from your kids, then they cant do anything in homebrew channel, you could also move the channel to the end of the menu system by holding a+b over the channel and dragging it to your desired location

any future required updates will be incorporated in a new launcher or wad install, which you would pop onto your sd card, put it back in the wii and install taking the sd card out again afterwards

i have kids too, sd card does not stay in the wii

hard5ter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
many thanks!

so im ok as i am, just remove SD card..cheers.

and any loader updates will have a new Cios with them, thats good..

only thing now is, the essential list of cios's or ios's to have..
do i have these? assuming i have only followed the tutorials listed on here for twilight hack, then for downgrade..and starfall..

i need not install any more of these then?
none for nfsu or animal crossing or anything?

last question this!

thanks for the reply.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
your fine, i was at the same stage you are

i just pushed the boat out and tried ciospack, but you dont need it, all games play with gamma so far

there are a few games with a special fix but you can read this thread for info on those ones

wiipowers general guide to games

hard5ter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thats great, many thanks for your help..
puts my mind at rest now knowing that im all sorted, and nothing needs doing.
apart from the games which have problems that is..

cheers.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
once preloader or ciospack or other advances are complete you may want one of those that shows and launches the backup game in the normal disc channel so that the gamma channel is no longer required.......but wait for a fully working version.....play your games for now and be happy....

theres plenty of people who will help you if you get stuck with a particular game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate