Backups of Wii ISO's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by superkris, Aug 27, 2007.

Aug 27, 2007

Backups of Wii ISO's by superkris at 6:59 PM (911 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. superkris
    OP

Member superkris GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi!
    What do you do with your Wii iso's once they are burned?

I planned on compressing them and then burn the compressed iso's on a DVD but after trying I discovered that the iso pass from 4.37 to 4.13 [​IMG] ....Worthless to compress then.

What do you do with yours?

2. AMPonzi

Member AMPonzi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Personally, for your situation I'd go for a 500GB external hard drive... they're cheap enough that they're worth it. ZipZoomFly out of the US has a Seagate 500GB external for $135 USD shipped which is very cheap. That'll hold over 110 Wii ISOs, maybe more with compression.

3. Railgun

Member Railgun ( ' _ ' )

Germany
    delete^^

4. AMPonzi

Member AMPonzi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That was the best price I could find for that device via pricegrabber. I've always had great luck with Seagates and at 27 cents per gig it seems like a steal. Though, if you have eSATA, you'll pay more for the external drive but it'll be a LOT faster. Your method with just DVDs would mean basically just making two copies of each disc, cheaper but man that'd take forever.

EDIT: Another option I just thought of would be if you have any IDE or SATA hard drives laying around doing nothing. Bytecc makes external drive enclosures, I have a pair of the ME-835 models and they work very well. Those'll run you about $30 each and will turn any internal drive into an external. Used to be the better bargain, but with externals being much cheaper than they used to be, it's about a wash. Perfect though if you've got some laying around.

5. pbskidz

Newcomer pbskidz Member

United States
    make some copies and delete it, if you need it again then rip the second copy to your hdd. Then play your original copy while that one copies, or goto the zoo or something.

6. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Yeah, we're not talking about ROMs. The size is too much of a problem to keep around.

7. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    keep it for a month just in case I need to re-burn, friend might ask for the ISO so I transfer to his/her HDD and finally I delete it.

8. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I bought a 500GB hdd. That box now has 1 TB of space (500GBx1, 250GBx2). Now I'm waiting for an external case to arrive that my 3rd 250 will go in (the one the 500 replaced).

Although that's not just for Wii games. Also for music, movies, roms, and other game iso/backups.

9. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States