Hacking backups disc's on 4.2

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if there is anything in the 4.2 update that will stop a wii from playing backups from disc? I ask this because I have 4 wii's here ranging from s/n LU39-LU70 and the ones LU39 will not read backups. I have an LU65 that will read gamecube backups but not wii backups. I thought these would be too old to have the new drive and they haven't been repaired at anytime. But the LU70 works without issue. It doesn't make any sence to me. Neogamma returns either timeout or dvd read error 1120.

They had 4.2 on them when I got them so was thinking there might be something in one of the ios's that stops dvd's from reading but I dunno. I followed the simplistic mod on this site to do them all.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like some wiis have the new drives that don't work for playing backup discs. You will have to use USB loader for playing games on those wiis.

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was hoping that wasn't the case but looks like it maybe. Just confused as to why it one can play gamecube backups but not wii backups.

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I ripped them apart and 2 of them have the D3-2 or D2nothing v2 drive so no backups on those ones but the other has a D3 or a D2nothing v1. The one with the D2nothing v1 will boot gamecube backups but not wii backups. Is this normal? I didn't rip the 4th one apart because it works and couldn't care what drive is in it.

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a replacement Wii from Nintendo and it was a LU65 with 4.2U. I did xzxero's mod guide and dvd backups don't work and mplayer ce won't play dvds. Dvdx was installed. I fully bricked my Wii that is why I sent it to Nintendo. Just wondering too if this can play backup dvds mostly movies.

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes USB loaders work but I wanted to have my daughter play her dvds from the wii. But I have came to the conclusion that it is better to have all her 75+ movies and wii games on the USB. She can now load movie dvds really fast with no delay in load and search times. I load the movies with a mds file for the movie iso. I also edited the menu config for mplayer ce to reduce the number of menus to get to the dvd(mds) file. Now it goes to "open" then "file" and straight to the dvd list. USB is the way to go. But then again it took me 5 days to convert all her dvds to date to the USB loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.