Backuped legit .sav eShop to .cia on another system?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Groumpfouh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Groumpfouh
    OP

Groumpfouh Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2016
    France
    Hello there!

I swear I'm starting to break out. Pills aren't cutting it out anymore, things are way too complicated for me and I'd really need some help.
    I know there are PLENTY of guides and FAQs, but none seems to fit my problem. Soooo... Here it is:

I hacked System A (JP N3DS XL) using ReiNAND, unlinked my NANDs, everything's working perfect.
    I have System B (EU N3DS) full of EU games. It's unhacked. It especially has eShop versions of Smash Bros and Animal Crossing.

I backuped the savefiles from Smash Bros and Animal Crossing from unhacked System B and now have beautiful 001.sav files or something.
    I installed EU .cia of these games on my System A, the hacked one. Is there anyway to inject my backuped files from System A into System B's .cia games?

______

I know about savedatafiler. I played some Smash on my hacked System A so as to create a save file and exported the savedata to my SD card. For Smash, I got two bin files. I really don't know what to do with them, how to switch them out. I've been fiddling with them for a week or so, and it's really REALLY starting to break my ovaries. to I'm at a complete loss, seriously.

Pleeease help a damsel in need, O proud knights and knightresses!

Last edited by Groumpfouh, Mar 26, 2016
  2. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    Backup and restore the save files with the same tool and they should be in the same format.
    As far as I know .sav is encrypted(?) whereas 2 .bins is the unencrypted save?

3. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
  4. Groumpfouh
    OP

Groumpfouh Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2016
    France
    Yes, .sav is encrypted Nintendo legal files. The .bin are the uncrypted ones.

Does it mean that I'd have to run savedatafiler or save_manager in my unhacked System B to get the files and port them to system A? Meaning that I'd have to, at least, run the homebrew channel on System B?

EDIT: Soo... Same Just3DS, but worse. If it's a .cia, it means I have to hack my unhacked System B?

Last edited by Groumpfouh, Mar 26, 2016