Backup to slot2

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by IsLNdbOi, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

Backup to slot2 by IsLNdbOi at 11:02 AM (2,027 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. IsLNdbOi
    OP

Newcomer IsLNdbOi Member

United States
    I'm a n00b to this stuff and just got my CycloDS and SuperCard Lite (Micro).

I'm using my CycloDS Evolution in slot one to play all my DS games. In slot 2, I have a SuperCard Lite (MicroSD). I got the SuperCard Lite just so I could backup my games to it.

I'm have tools by someone named "Rudolph". One looks like a DLDI patcher and the other is supposed to backup my DS games to the SuperCard Lite in slot two.

One of the files that comes with the tools is called, "NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds". The tool is called, "dlditool32".

As far as I know I have to patch:

NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds

with the DLDItool32 program.

When I patch NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds with the DLDItool32, DLDItool32 asks me to point to where the NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds is. I browse directories to where it is, then the DLDItool32 has a drop-down list labled "DLDI File". When I click on the drop-down list, a list with a bunch of different cards shows up which includes the CycloDS Evolution and the SuperCard Lite.

Which do I choose from the drop-down list? CycloDS Evolution or SuperCard Lite?

I will be backing up my games to the MicroSD card in my SuperCard Lite (slot two) and then copying them to the MicroSD card in my CycloEvolution to play the backups (slot one).

Finally once the NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds file is patched, I think it's supposed to be placed in the MicroSD card in the SuperCard Lite ALONG with an *.ini file that came with the tools.

I opened up the *.ini file and this is what's inside it:

# NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.ini

FileDir /NDS_Backup ! Directory

SaveFile 0 ! 0:auto, nnn:Save File Size(KB)

Trim ! Use Trim

Is there anything missing in the *.ini file that I need to add?

Thanks for any help guys.

2. IsLNdbOi
    OP

Newcomer IsLNdbOi Member

United States
    Anyone?

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Always use the DLDI patch for the cart you're putting the .nds file on, in this case the Supercard Lite. (in a nutshell each cart reads and writes to the memory card in a slightly different way. DLDI patching tells the rom which cart you're using and how to access the memory card on it).

4. IsLNdbOi
    OP

Newcomer IsLNdbOi Member

United States
    Cool, so I patch the NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds with the SuperCard Lite selection in the DLDItool32. Do you know what else needs to be in the *.ini file?

Thanks.

5. IsLNdbOi
    OP

Newcomer IsLNdbOi Member

United States
    Ok, I haven't gotten it to work.

Both of my MicroSD cards are formatted as regular FAT. The one in the CycloDS is a 1GB MicroSD and the one in the SuperCard Lite is a 2GB MicroSD. I've placed these files on the MicroSD card in the CycloDS:

NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds
    NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.ini

I didn't DLDI patch the NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds file since the CycloDS supposedly automatically does this. The *.ini file contains this:

Code:
    # NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.ini

FileDirÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/NDS_BackupÂÂÂÂ! Directory

SaveFileÂÂÂÂÂÂ 0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ! 0:auto, nnn:Save File Size(KB)

#TrimÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ! Use Trim
    On the MicroSD card in my SuperCard Lite, all I have is an empty folder named:

NDS_Backup

When I turn my DS on, the CycloDS loads and I choose to run the NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds file. It then asks me to remove the CycloDS and insert the card I want to backup. I do that. After the new card is placed in the DS, I press the R button until I get to "Rom Backup". When I get to "Rom Backup", I press the B button for "(B) :New NDS file create.". Then I press the A button to confirm.

After pressing the A button though, I get this message:

Data transfer failed.
    Please do over again.
    (A) :Confirm

I've tried backing up several of my games, but keep getting this error. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?