Hacking Backup saves from SysNand to EmuNand without getting dirty the SysNand

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will make sure on my non banned switch to update the sys in stock mode normally and only update the emummc with the aio updater and daybreak
This is exactly what I do when I don't want to wait until the new firmware gets posted online. I update in stock, then I dump it myself, to update emummc with it. Just have to dump with the correct thing (which I always have to google before doing it...). After years of being safe, my OG launch-day switch is banned. I made the mistake of opening Tinfoil (which installs itself to the home screen) in sysnand. At least my OLED is fine.

Reactions: impeeza

Snowekim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Otherwise, if you’re afraid to dirty your SysNand like I was with the method above, in order to make sure to keep my sysNand always clean
you can use the NAND dump method.. it will backup saves and all the other in your Nand.. but i know it‘s really long to do

Or can use the method i used to backup my save of Pokémon Violet to avoid the recent Rick of data corruption after the recent update.
I used the TegraExplorer payload, navigates in the SAVE dir, in the option of the current folder I selected the copy to clipboard option. go back to the SD root (or an already created folder) and then pasted the clipboard
whit that done, you have a secure backup of your save that can be restored in the same reverse way

Just keep in mind, this save are only work whit your console, if you need the files inside the folder (for example to modify that) you need to extract them using your console’s key
I tried this and now I'm getting "unable to read microsd card when I boot into the Emunand =(

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

froggy55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and now I'm getting "unable to read microsd card when I boot into the Emunand =(
have you figured whats going on if you do let me know i have never had this issue but iam interesed in what might cause it one thing that comes tomind is maybe the emmumc dump you did was corrupt and the internal software that the sd card uses is not working right just an idea though im not sure as i havenot had this happen to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: