backup save game

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by ACiD GRiM, Jun 11, 2008.

Jun 11, 2008

backup save game by ACiD GRiM at 4:34 AM (1,604 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ACiD GRiM
    OP

Newcomer ACiD GRiM Member

United States
    Is there a homebrew util that can read the savegame data on GBA carts and GB carts and copy it to the flash card?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you have a DLDI-enabled slot-2 device, you can use Chishm's cart_save utility from http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/i....html#cart_save

If you have a slot-1 device, use Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool.

Both of these work only on GBA games. For GB/GBC games you're out of luck unless you have a dedicated GBC flash cart.

3. ACiD GRiM
    OP

Newcomer ACiD GRiM Member

United States
    I do have one, do you know of anysoftware for GBC backups?

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    ... I was actually counting on you not having one. I don't really know if you can backup saves from GBC cartridges with a dedicated linker, but I'll bet that if you ask the guys at PocketHeaven you'd get a better answer. Many of the members there were present in the GBC era so they'd know.

All I know is that you can't use any GBA backup tools or hardware to manage GBC things due to the voltage difference.

5. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah if you have a GBC linker usually you just stick the real game cart into the linker, and then download the saves to your PC (you can also download the ROM this way). it's been years since i've used mine, so i can't help you with finding the right software for your PC unfortunately

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom