1. Khar00f

Khar00f GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Were you able to boot into 9.0 before bricking the firmware?

if yes, then your backup should be fine, if after your backup you tried booting into and it didn't work, it's possible that the backup you have is corrupted, in this case I don't know (because you didn't say what bricked your firmware).

There are ways to rebuild a working firmware if you have a backup of your keys.

Depending on your situation you could look into that (if your backup is no good)..

2. MiserySW

MiserySW Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I have a couple of questions regarding restoring my NAND and I would really appreciate any help.

I recently created a backup of my 5.1.0 OFW and I pretty much followed everything on this guide to a T. I then proceeded to install Atmosphere 0.10.5 using this guide >https://switch.homebrew.guide/< while also using this >https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/< and this >https://reinx.guide/< as a reference (yes, I know the last one is for ReiNX. I didn't download any files from there). Loaded CFW successfully and then proceeded to update my FW to 9.2.0 (using the exFAT option) via ChoidujourNX using this guide >https://www.codedonut.com/switch-hacking/update-banned-nintendo-switch-offline-choidujournx/<. I enabled AutoRCM during the procedure to prevent accidentally booting into OFW and burning fuses. After rebooting, my system read 9.2.0AMS|0.10.5E or something like that (I don't have my Switch on hand so I don't know exactly how it's written). I've installed quite a bit while on CFW and have NEVER booted into OFW since backing up my NAND (this was the first thing I did).

I had no intention of going online (I put my Switch on Airplane mode, with no WIFI connection prior to backing up my NAND) which is why I opted on AutoRCM; however, being the idiot that I am, I did not realize Animal Crossing required internet connection to leave my island and actually enjoy the game. So I plan on following this guide to help me restore my NAND in order to go online. I know that I'll have to burn my fuses to update my FW to play ACNH online and I accept that. I just wanted to few clarification before I do anything that I may regret later:

1. I read on this post somewhere that my fuses must always match on the system version I want to use. To confirm, I will need to downgrade my FW back to 5.1.0 via ChoidujourNX prior to restoring my NAND?

2. I know that I will need to use an exFAT card to restore my NAND, but will my Switch be able to read the exFAT card. Not sure if enabling the exFAT option while updating my firmware via ChoidujourNX has any effect on this.

3. Once my system is updated, will I be able to use my current 0.10.5 Atmosphere, assuming it still supports the FW my system decides to update me to?

4. Finally, how do I back up my saves and load them back up? Is Checkpoint the right app to use, or is there another? I haven't looked into this yet, but a little guidance would be appreciated as well!

5. Any other things I need to know or do prior to restoring my NAND? I've uploaded an image of what my backup folder looks like:

I won't be using AutoRCM anymore since I plan on booting into my sysNAND for legit online play (with game carts) while booting into my emuNAND for offline play. I'm assuming I will have to update Atmosphere every time I update my FW?

I've been reading this post and this post >https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...lly-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/page-105< for any information, but I'm sure I may have missed some information as it is a lot to read.

I would greatly appreciate any help for my questions and I thank anyone in advance for the advice! Also, if this is not the right topic I should be posting this in, please direct me to the appropriate topic and I will ask there!

Back-Up Pathway Root.jpg Back-Up Pathway.jpg

3. xenofly

xenofly Advanced Member
    Newcomer

@Canna can you reupload joiner script please?

4. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    xenofly likes this.
  5. Canna

OP Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    My Old Upload of this is still downloadable on the first page.

To ALL

Note: Sorry i have not been around much lately, or updated the files. I have moved to the United States. So very very busy. No time for hobbies atm. Will return when i can.. The guide should still be good. The files should still work there just not the latest, feel free to update the files and repost if you wish. If users need help try to PM me and il try to reply if and when i can.

6. gtn

gtn Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I backed up my BOOT0 BOOT1 and rawnand, then moved the files into their restore folder. When I try to restore any of those with hekate I get errors saying the file was not found

EDIT: Nvm, put them in the partition subfolder of the restore folder. Combining my rawnand files and trying again. Will update

EDIT2: Still bluescreened after I was able to restore the BOOT0/BOOT1/rawnand

Last edited by gtn, May 17, 2020
  7. Canna

United States
    hOW MANY FUSES YOU HAVE BURNED ?And what version you restoring ?

8. gtn

gtn Member
    Newcomer

United States
    12 fuses.

9.1.0 or 9.2.0

9. Canna

United States
    What version is your backup ?

is blue screen after launching stock ofw ? or you trying to launch cfw straight away.

Last edited by Canna, May 19, 2020 at 9:41 PM
  10. JBDaz

JBDaz Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    thx ... working nicely

Canna likes this.
  11. gtn

gtn Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Blue screen happened on stock ofw before I even tried launching cfw and stuff. I was trying to unbrick my device.

12. Canna

United States
    It could be a hardware issue. If no cfw or up/downgrading was involved.
    What i would do now .

1 Make a full backup nand , boot1 ,boot 0 with hekate.
    2 Backup your biskeys and keys with lockpickrcm.
    3 Manually Rebuild your System update/OS. with the Downgrade without burning fuses guide here on gba temp. and use choidujour.exe and hacdiskmount. and etcher to send those to your device, i would make a 5.1.0 image as its high success rate. then Use choidujourNX to get to the version For your fuse count.

4 Or if its in warranty send for repair or replacement if you have not modded or messed with the switch,

gtn likes this.
  13. gtn

gtn Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay so I am following the guide. ''STEP 6: ACQUIRE A FULLY POPULATED hactool KEYS file" this is the same as using lockpick_rcm right? So I got my prod.keys

Then when I try to run ChoiDujour (with my prod.keys in the .switch folder) with the 5.1.0 firmware downloaded into a folder I get this error:

Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?

Do I need to put my BIS_keys.txt in the home .switch folder as well?

Last edited by gtn, May 24, 2020 at 4:40 PM
  14. Canna

United States
    Copy the prod.keys and rename it keys.txt maybe. Im not sure i never had the nca header issue. Try another keys file you can find switch keys online with a google search.

15. gtn

gtn Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So it has to be named prod.keys:
    hactool keys file C:\Users\gatli/.switch/prod.keys doesn't exist!

Made some progress:
    PS D:\backup\SWITCH\ChoiDujour110> .\ChoiDujour.exe fw

ChoiDujour 1.1.0 by rajkosto
    uses hactool by SciresM (https://github.com/SciresM/hactool)
    visit https://switchtools.sshnuke.net for updates and more Switch stuff!

Using source firmware files from folder fw
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 517, in <module>
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 225, in call_hactool
    Exception: [WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_kek_source", (value "asdkgkaldjsfkjakglhawdfjskl")

(That is not the actual key value)

If I remove that bis_kek_source, I still get the error:
    Using source firmware files from folder fw
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 517, in <module>
    File "ChoiDujour.py", line 225, in call_hactool
    Exception: Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?

Am I supposed to be using hactool before ChoiDujour?

Last edited by gtn, May 24, 2020 at 9:46 PM
  16. Canna

United States
    nintendo switch key list < google search. @ Max console.

Also make a 5.1.0 Fw as its less hassle then upgrade to the one you want with CHoidujour NX when all works

I f you still have issues i can remote to your machine if you like and show you .

Last edited by Canna, May 24, 2020 at 10:27 PM
  17. gtn

gtn Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Probably need keys for the fw version my bricked switch is on right? I think it's on 9.1.0

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No because ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.2.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - biskeys+tseckeys+keys, Restore, Backup