1. ioshi

ioshi Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi bro,yes i restore all boot 0 boot 1 and rawnand but nothing stuck on nintendo logo :(

2. DragonMax08

DragonMax08 Newbie
    Newcomer

Jamaica
    Good day. I am having an issue. hope someone can help. This is what happened. I backed up my nand while i was on a lower system version. i recently tried to restore the nand backup i did. in doing the restore every tested and veried okay. However, when i select reboot to OFW the game doesn't load up no logo no nothing just bland screen. i am not able to boot it at all even when i plugged in the charger no charging icon appeared. i figured i bricked the game. this is where its gets interesting, i realized that i am only able to boot the game up using an RCM Loader or using tegragui. can someone tell me how i can get the game to boot back up normally. I don't know what i did wrong or what happened. Forgive me for my ignorance. Please help

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you maybe wondering why did i tried to restored my nand and i didnt mentioned having any issues. The truth is i got banned and panic and thought that maybe restoring my nand would bring me back to a point before i got band. i am not all knowledgeable about the whole jailbreaking thing as yet but sigh! additonally i did several emmunand backed the partition method but i dont knw y the files not being detected from my sd card. only my first backed up has the boot files the others just have a raw folder...what am i doing wrong or where did i go wrong?

3. DragonMax08

DragonMax08 Newbie
    Newcomer

Jamaica
    Nevermind yall i got it fixed. What I said before I restored my nand backup and the console wasnt booting up like it should even though the restore was successful. This time what i did was to boot in stock sysnand and did an update from there and the console start rebooting normally. but what i was doing wrong was downgrading. so i downgraded my cfw instead of my ofw and now i have to do a manual upgrade to bring it back to the latest firmware. atmosphere still works and but the console not recognizing my cartridges and i believe that is due to having the lower firmware. Blessings yall and Happy New Year!!

4. Canna

OP Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    No cartridge read is because the Cartridge slot firmware was updated...
    So if you went to a higher version of system version 9.0 8.0 etc then you need to update to the version that matches your slot...

So if you used a higher number version you need to update to that numbered version so your cartridge slot works again..

Or buy a cartridge slot with a lower version which can be found.

5. sillz

sillz Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I have a question about restoring a potentially bricked console - someone is selling a console they claim will not power up for 100.00. i currently have a switch with a full nand backup and i am wondering if i could use my backup on this other switch to restore it???:unsure:

if not, i may buy it anyway for parts as it has joy cons worth 90.00 alone.

thanks!

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The Switch NAND is console-specific although you can try repairing it with ChoiDujour

7. sillz

sillz Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    is there a guide for this? the seller is vague about giving info and only stated it wont power on. Im guessing it may be stolen and could just be in autorcm lol.

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The ChoiDujour guide is found on this forum specifically here although if its in RCM, then there is theoretically nothing to fix.

9. sillz

sillz Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Im hoping that's all that is wrong with it :) thanks for the link!

Draxzelex likes this.
  10. lucas millington

lucas millington GBAtemp Regular

ive already hacked my switch, is it possible to backup my nand?

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    How does hacking make dumping your NAND impossible? You would need to hack it to dump it in the first place.

12. lucas millington

it says "Don’t use Auto RCM until after you complete your back-up"

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Don't bother following this guide. It forces users to perform a lot of unnecessary steps, uses pre-bundled files, and hasn't been updated in a while.

Anyways while I am not OP, I believe the reason he states to not use AutoRCM before you dump your NAND is that if you enable AutoRCM before you dump your NAND, your NAND dump will have AutoRCM enabled. More specifically, AutoRCM is installed to BOOT0 so dumping that after enabling AutoRCM will give you a BOOT0 with AutoRCM pre-enabled. Its not the end of the world to dump BOOT0 like this but when you restore it, its something you will have to keep in mind. If you don't want to dump a BOOT0 with AutoRCM pre-installed, just temporarily disable AutoRCM then re-enable it once you have dumped your BOOT0 along with the other required files which are BOOT1 (which is dumped with BOOT0) and either the eMMC raw GPP or eMMC SYS depending if you want to retain save and game data at the cost of extra space.

14. lucas millington

how do i disable autorcm, how do i even check if its enabled

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can check within Hekate under Tools.

16. VelourFantasy

VelourFantasy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you!!

Canna likes this.
  17. rodrigues14

rodrigues14 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    hi, ia have brought a switch not boot, i dump nand and trying to dump biskeys to do manual downgrade, but the BISKEYS won't decrypt nand dump, is possible do something?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - biskeys+tseckeys+keys, Restore, Backup