Backup/Restore your Nand + Get your biskeys+tseckeys+keys.txt Guide

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Canna, Jul 31, 2018.

1. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Selfless bump. @Canna . Sorry to bother you. I know you are probably busy. The hekate I linked to here includes the SHA256 hashes to be saved to a file when creating the backups. From your previous answers, it seems you possibly specially compile hekate yourself for this guide? If so, could you please compile and upload an updated version that corresponds to the C5AB4D6 commit?

I know emunand is probably coming in a week or so, and the guide will need to be updated then, but I very much would love this feature implemented prior.

P.S. If I'm able to simply use the hekate from the above link with your scripts/files, please let me know. I am currently under the assumption your provided files, even payloads, are specially built/compiled for ease for this guide. ^_^

2. sbga420

sbga420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2009
    United States
    I've extracted all 3 archive files to the root of my 128gb pny sd card that is formatted exfat, inject hekate but still get red boot.dat? screen. Is it possibly because Im on 8.0.1? I cant figure out why, but my files are extracted to the root correctly

3. Dabman

Dabman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2016
    Poland
    I'm trying guide from post 1 ( I want to do NAND Backup on 2.8.0 ) but after injection i have problem "BOOT.DAT?"

4. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Then you are attempting to boot SX OS. Backup your sd card. Remove all files. Extract all three zips to the root of your sd card. Download the other attachments. Follow the steps exactly, using only the files from the first post.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Same answer.

5. Ramoth

Ramoth Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It's because the hekate_ipl.ini in "SDFILES Part 1 (Place the contents of this zip onto root of your sdcard)\bootloader" has autoboot=1 under [config]

This needs to be changed to autoboot=0

6. SimoxTav

SimoxTav Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Italy
    Turin, Italy
    On 8.1.0, using the guide I got stuck on step 16 of the backup (Select “Dump package1/2” and allow this to run) with no options other than turning off the console.
    warmboot.bin was also 0kb in size

7. Ramoth

Ramoth Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That's because 8.1.0 hasn't been broken yet, it was only released a few days ago. The tools will need to be updated first, give it a few days.

8. Ryan1994

Ryan1994 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    Netherlands
    So people on 8.1.0 cant make a backup of their NAND? at the moment??
    i also follow the steps but when i inject the hekate.bin i get a red image with boot.dat? on my screen is this also maybe because im on FW 8.1.0??

9. Bjarne

Bjarne Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2019
    Denmark
    I was so ready:
    1. Bought a used Switch, was on 7.0.1
    2. Bought a 400 gb Micro SDXC used guiformat to make it FAT32
    3. Followed the guide to step 10: "Select “Ipatches & bootrom info” (this isn’t in the screenshot above but should be in the Hekate Console info menu.)" = Error: NOFAT Failed to mount SD card
    4. I had to update, for the switch to support SDXC, so now I am on 8.1.0.
    5. The Switch is still "Clean" so I have to wait for the Hekate Update, so I can get a NAND backup :(

Last edited by Bjarne, Jun 21, 2019
  10. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Are you sure you had to install the exFAT update for a FAT32 card? Perhaps guiformat didn't format it correctly? Some users have reported success with gparted. It just seems odd as RCM payloads don't use Switch drivers. They use their own as they are loaded before the OS.

11. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    I keep getting errors when trying to copy the contents of the zip files to my SD.

Also, FAT32 cant hold file sizes greater than 4GB, so why would we combine the parts?

12. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    What are your errors? We need more information to help.

Combine the parts for integrity reasons. Combine them on a computer with a modern-day filesystem. Then create a SHA256 of that file. Now you have only one file to worry about.

If you want to restore your backup, you can always format your card to exFAT for just that job. In fact, restoring NAND used to be exFAT only. The guide might recommend joining them for that reason as well.

Iamapirate likes this.
  13. Iamapirate

Sep 1, 2013
    I was able to resolve the errors, it was just being a pain for some reason.

Now, whenever I try to load the Hekate payload I get a red microsd saying "BOOT.DAT?" which is strange since I didn't do much to my SD card besides add the files required for this guide.

14. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Was your SD card empty when you moved the files over? Sounds like it's trying to load up SXOS. Either way, here's a fix from a few comments above:

It's because the hekate_ipl.ini in "SDFILES Part 1 (Place the contents of this zip onto root of your sdcard)\bootloader" has autoboot=1 under [config]

This needs to be changed to autoboot=0

15. shapnil

shapnil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2019
    Bangladesh
    @Canna , there is AutoRCM in Hekate menu and there is 'AutoRCM enabled' option in ChoiDujourNX. Which AutoRCM should i use? I heard there were battery desync issues with AutoRCM in earlier versions of Hekate. If i enable AutoRCM using Hekate and then use ChoidujourNX to update firmware without AutoRCM, will that cause any problem?

16. Iamapirate

Sep 1, 2013
    I only had stuff on there from my previous Atmos setup.

Anyway, I did what you suggested and it worked like a charm. thanks!

OrGoN3 likes this.
  17. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    While we await an update for Hekate to support 8.1.0, we can rejoice in that biskeydump was updated to version 9, which brings 8.1.0 support: https://files.sshnuke.net/biskeydumpv9.zip.

Edit: And in the meantime, NxNandManager has updated to support 8.1.0, so you can use that for your first dumps https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager/releases . It connects your Switch to your PC, transferring your NAND over USB. It does not use an SD card. Info is on how to use it is on the GitHub.

Last edited by OrGoN3, Jun 27, 2019
  18. Bjarne

Bjarne Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2019
    Denmark
    Love this guide and Hope this guide will be updated with
    Hekate v5.0.0 & Nyx v0.8.0 descriptions and pictures :) So I can finally make a backup on 8.1.0 (I am a noob)

19. Bjarne

Bjarne Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2019
    Denmark
    Edit: And in the meantime, NxNandManager has updated to support 8.1.0, so you can use that for your first dumps xxxxxxxxxx. It connects your Switch to your PC, transferring your NAND over USB. It does not use an SD card. Info is on how to use it is on the GitHub.[/QUOTE]

Sounds Easy, is the any guide for making

20. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Sounds Easy, is the any guide for making[/QUOTE]
    Yes, on their GitHub page. However, hekate was just updated to support 8.1.0, as well as a gui called Nyx and emummc management/creation. Atmosphere was updated with their emummc bugfix update.

Don't forget biskepdump was updated to v9 to support 8.1.0.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted