Backup/Restore your Nand + Get your biskeys+tseckeys+keys.txt Guide

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Canna, Jul 31, 2018.

1. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I don't think there is a de-facto guide for Switch hacking. I've seen a number of them, and they all say basically the same thing, with some differences of opinion. There's https://guide.sdsetup.com/, https://reinx.guide/, and a bunch more.

I would ask you which path you are choosing to go with CFW, and what you are going to be using it for, primarily. I then could give you recommendations.

2. MaverickOne

MaverickOne Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2019
    Italy
    it is destined to remain connected to the TV. I thought of something that could use external hard disk. The method with the micro sd is practical but the costs seem to be similar to a solid state hd.
    Apparently Atmosphere does not support external hd management. Do ReiNX allow it?
    For now I have not purchased any payload injector because I have no need for transport around.

3. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Nothing can install games to an external hard drive. SX OS can run XCI files from an external hard drive, but again, nothing can install a game onto anything other than your microsd card or internal nand.

Similar technologies have similar costs.

If you don't have a payload injector, what are you using to inject your payloads? I assume your computer or phone. Injecting is required for every boot. Unless you have a switch on 1.0.0-3.x.x and are using software methods. I assume you're not on those.

MaverickOne likes this.
  4. MaverickOne

MaverickOne Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2019
    Italy
    You've been clear. To be honest, I still have to start the process. I'll start with PC and then we'll see.
    thanks for your time :)

OrGoN3 likes this.
  5. SonGoku78

SonGoku78 GBAtemp Regular

May 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    just some quick questions:
    up to which OFW 3.X.X ist it exactly possible to be able to boot without injection on every boot ? i think its not full coldboot right ?
    What exact method can be used ?
    I have a clean backup of 3.0.2.

6. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Currently only supports version 1.0.0, but will eventually support up through 3.0.0, not sure about higher than that. It's called Nereba, and it is a reboot to payload from stock HOS, without an injector. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nereba-exploit-reboot-to-fusee-gelee-payload-from-stock-firmware.536409/

UPDATED NEWS:
    Full NAND verification WITH HASHFILES is coming to Hekate, along with a new set of joiner scripts. The new functions will create sha256 sums for every 4MB chunk of your NAND. The newer joiner scripts will not only join the split NAND files together, but it will condense the sha256 sum files into one file, so you can easily run a checksum without having to do it 15 times. https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/pull/216 https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/101

SonGoku78 likes this.
  7. SonGoku78

May 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Thank you, i just flew over some threads regarding pegaswitch, as it must be used for Nereba. Maybe i understood wrong, but do i have to always start pegaswitch to start nereba ? But then this has absolutely no advantage, because i will be faster with my dongle before i set up webserver etc etc. even if i only use pegaswitch after setup. I would have to start pegaswitch, then load nereba, then close pegaswitch again. Dongle takes seconds.
    And i never connected my switch to any network, which i would have to do then, which is also a contra for me personally.

Maybe i really dont get the advantage or have not read enough. I imagined nereba would work in a similar way to the Wii U haxchii, boot up console, press some icons (like that haxchi channel on Wii U) and i reboot to prefered payload so i have CFW.

8. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    You imagined incorrectly. The main advantage is no need for a dongle or any external hardware to enter RCM to load a payload. It is not persistent and does not autoboot like CBHC or Haxchi. It is load up through web browser locally.

9. SonGoku78

May 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    i have my wii u at "warm boot": i boot, i start that app (dont remember actually, because long time not used) that replaces a VC game and then i have cfw. very easy and fast.

but on the nereba page it says you start through pegaswitch. so i have to connect to it, which is basically webserver. Or is it totally local ? I open browser and then ? i type localhost or do i give ip adress of pegaswitch (which is then on a cpmplete different device) ?

10. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I know how it works on your Wii U. I told you already, you were incorrect in your thinking. It doesn't work that fast. You can run pegaswitch on your local network and have it work that way. If you want to have your Switch connect to the world, then you can load it up from a site if somebody is still hosting one. Either way, it's you opening the browser and then loading the exploit. If you're already using a dongle, this method is worthless to you. If you aren't using a dongle, and have a system on 1.0.0, then you can use this instead of having to go into RCM mode.

SonGoku78 likes this.
  11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You're confusing "warm boot" with "CBHC" which stands for coldboot Haxchi

SonGoku78 and OrGoN3 like this.
  12. SonGoku78

May 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    @OrGoN3 ok so its really only through connecting to network and then doing the exploit through pegaswitch hosted webpage (local pc or anything). Then yes, like you say, this is useless for me. I wonder if we will have cold/warmboot ever for switch...

no mate i am not confusing, i know difference, and i descrtibed that i have only haxchi, not cbhc. so i have to boot up normally and then perform haxchi on my own, not direct from cold boot :)

13. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
  14. afra

afra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Iran
    boot.dat red screen error when injecting hekate !

15. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Are you using all of the files provided in the OP and ONLY those files?

16. afra

afra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Iran
    Hi and thanks . Sry I answered with delay .. yeah memory formatted and sdcard file copied .. all folder provided with two file in sdcard root hbmenu and removetostop...

17. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    There should be a lot of .ini files and a ton of folders. Make sure you copied part 1, part 2, AND part 3 to your SD card PRIOR to starting the guide.

18. afra

afra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Iran
    This is my SDCARD(first attached pic ) and Big Red BOOT.DAT error (second one ) right in the Center of screen
    Left widows in screenshot is my SDCARD root .

Switch patchable model
    Firmware 7
    SDcard 256 Sandisk A1

Any help ?

Attached Files:

Last edited by afra, May 30, 2019
  19. afra

afra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Iran
    one of my friend told me it's because of SX OS loaded before

Last edited by afra, May 30, 2019
  20. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Again, it's because you didn't extract the contents of all of the zip files to your SD card's root. More specifically, you are missing the contents of the PART 2. Here is what your SD card root should look like: https://imgur.com/owHc09H Notice the .ini files.

The three zip files don't go on the SD card. You extract them to the root of the SD card, overwriting and merging whatever you need to (Press Yes to any dialog that comes up). Copy over part 1, part 2, and part 3. Part 2 includes the .ini files that you need. Make sure you are injecting the payload from this tutorial and NOT SX Loader (which is what it looks like you're doing). IF you need to, backup your SD card, reformat it, then put only the contents of the three extracted zip files on your SD card. Payloads are for PC.

Last edited by OrGoN3, May 30, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted