Backup/Restore your Nand + Get your biskeys+tseckeys+keys.txt Guide

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Canna, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Canna
    OP

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    thats auto boot to sxos, disable auto boot in hekate
    or place boot.dat on your sd card if your using SXOS

IN THE HEKATE IPL.INI IN YOUR BOOTLOADER FOLDER.

EDIT AUTOBOOT=1 AND CHANGE IT TO
    AUTOBOOT=0

Last edited by Canna, Apr 5, 2019
    vince741 likes this.
  2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    What do you mean you haven't updated the OP for AMS 0.8.7 yet!? It's been at least an hour!!!! :P <3 Definitely still my de facto guide for setting up any new Switch. Please keep up the amazing work!

3. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    OrGoN3 likes this.
  4. chankarik

chankarik Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    Hello, Canna. I am the guy with the previously-dead emmc.

Well, I ended up acquiring a new emmc from China and it arrived yesterday. Since then, I have been trying to restore my rawNAND.bin without success.

Whenever I try it, it shows me the warning that you can see on the picture, in red.

https://imgur.com/bIAmbkK

I was reading that other guy's guide on upgrading to a new emmc, and it mentioned it needs to restore GPT. So I go and inject gptrestore, and I am greeted by the message:

"Invalid eMMC capacity! Only standard 32GB eMMC are supported."

I believe I was able to 'see' the emmc on HacDiskMount as a physical drive, and it shows 59 GB of space total. But when I try to get a deeper look into it, HacDiskMount won't allow me, as it says that both primary and secondary GPT are bad.

Any ideas or tips I might try?

Last edited by chankarik, Apr 18, 2019
  5. wipebuilding

wipebuilding Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Morocco
    Please help.

My switch is new and has never been only. Just started it up and tested a game quickly in airplane mode. Base firmware is 4.1.0.

I was making a backup following the guide in this thread and the sdsetup guide. I used hekate 4.9.1 since I thought I should use the latest.

It seems I was required to hold down vol- when injecting because it booted straight into Atmosphere. Rather than press a button 3 times to fully start the OS I switched off the console. I then injected holding vol- and then made the backups recommended in your guide.

1. How much damage have I done? How clean is my backup? Is there anything I can do?
    2. There is also a small chance I booted into the original firmware when restarting. I am not 100% sure. How much additional damage would this have done?

6. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You have a clean backup just not a virgin backup(untouched)
    You should be ok with that backup along as you did not run home brew or went online, then you should not of been flagged...

7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    So apparently if you want to get the tsec key instead of using the internet's keys.txt, you have to do this in 6.2.

Also, @Canna what would you say minimum battery life should be prior to starting this process?

8. MagicStarGr

MagicStarGr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Greece
    Accidentaly on this step i backup only RAW GPP, not the other two. Will I have any problem on a potential restore? Thank you!

21. Repeat steps 19 & 20, selecting “Backup eMMC RAW GPP”, “Backup eMMC SYS” & “Backup eMMC USER” instead of “Backup eMMC BOOT0/1”
    - These may take some time so be patient. The result will be a
    - dump of Full NAND Minus the boot0/1

9. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    min battery, pff 50% atleast.
    Always safe process to fully charge battery
    before any update/chip/firmware/nand > {restore/backup/Flash}

OrGoN3 likes this.
  10. meeep1

meeep1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2019
    Germany
    Maybe you can add the info that you also can send the hekate payload with Web Fusée Launcher to the switch. I'm using a Macbook with Parallels/Windows and got some strange errors when I tried to send the payload with TegraRcmGUI, maybe because of the USB drivers!? With Chrome and web fusee gelee it worked like a charme ^_^

Last edited by meeep1, Apr 25, 2019
  11. 878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2014
    Just started working through this on mine for the first time and it seems to have gone well, thanks.

I just want to check something though, I now have my...
    rawnand.bin
    biskeys.txt

tsec_keys.bin
    raw_fuses.bin
    fuses.bin

kfuses.bin
    ...copied and stored in a couple of different locations.

In terms of safety with my Switch, are there any other files that I should be backing up? I didn't backup the user files because because it's pretty big and is optional.

Thanks, as I said, it's my first time doing this so I just want to double check that I'm doing everything I can.

12. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    your good budd.

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi likes this.
  13. 878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2014
    I thought so, thanks. :D

14. Wiki'd

Wiki'd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2013
    Malaysia
    Can you please clarify something to me? You say that there are 15 or 30 parts if backup done in parts, however, I only get 14 parts and my final file size is 29.1 GB once all are connected together via the provided 2GB joiner script.

So is there something wrong from my side, or perhaps your guide might need to clarify/correct on that aspect?

One other thing, is there any way to double-check / verify if my final rawnand is complete and not corrupt somehow?

Thanks a bunch for your reply.

15. FROMM
    This message by FROMM has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 7, 2019, Reason: Requested.
    May 4, 2019
  16. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    rawnand 00-14 =15 parts

in the script/bat file you rename the filenames to match parts you are merging

Think this can >click< \and hacdiskmount

essm1988 and Wiki'd like this.
  17. FROMM
    This message by FROMM has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 7, 2019, Reason: Requested.
    May 8, 2019
  18. sa-yamato

sa-yamato Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Saudi Arabia
    hi i was away for long time my i already hacked my switch when is was on 5.00 and backed everything up using this totorail i recently restored my clean nand and updated to 8.0.1 now i used all the new files in the totorail

but am stuck in dumbing tsec keys it gives me this error: unknwon pkg1 version for reading tsec firmware
    and i cant skip to the next step as it give me errer and black screen

help me please

19. MaverickOne

MaverickOne Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2019
    Italy
    Hi everyone
    guys I would like to make a complete dump but the toy is in version 8.0.1. From site support https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/
    I see applications that do not support this version.
    how do you proceed? using old method?

20. sa-yamato

sa-yamato Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Saudi Arabia
    its
    its fine fiugred it out

21. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Your post is confusing. Are you saying you purchased a Switch and it came with version 8.0.1? (Not sure that's possible yet) Or are you saying you've had a Switch and updated to 8.0.1? If you have a hackable switch (https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/) then you can make a complete dump, regardless of what firmware you are on. All current firmware is fully supported by all CFW/CS OFW. And all of the tools here work just fine with that firmware. However, please realize that with the guide here, you are never going to boot into CFW to do any backing up. It is all done in RCM mode, which means your firmware version is pointless/doesn't matter.

The OP hasn't been updated since 8.0.1 came out, but there are no changes. The only change I can think of is people are now using Joonie86's hekate if they want to use Tinfoil (tinfoil.io) as it contains ACID patches and regular Hekate does not. However, you can use that version after doing the full dumps.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

TSEC keys can only be properly dumped on 6.2.0. They will not be dumped on anything higher. Once they are no longer needed, one of the devs of atmosphere said he will release the key. If you really think you need it, you can find the keys.txt on the Internet or on Discord which has the TSEC keys.

MaverickOne likes this.
  22. MaverickOne

MaverickOne Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2019
    Italy
    thanks for your advice
    actually I wrote in a fast and approximate way. My swith has updated to the latest version. I checked is has a switch available to perform the RCM procedure.
    I ask you one last thing:
    I noticed that there are guides around that illustrate how to proceed. In your opinion, can I find a good complete guide to do everything?