Backup/Restore your Nand + Get your biskeys+tseckeys+keys.txt Guide

Canna Jul 31, 2018.

1. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    Ok i know this is pretty stupid but for some reason I only backuped my "eMMC BOOT0/1” and “eMMC RAW GPP” back when I was on 4.1.0
    I didn't backup “eMMC SYS” & “eMMC USER”
    Now I updated to 6.2 so doing a backup of "eMMC SYS” & “eMMC USER” now would not really help if I want maybe restore it later on to 4.1.0 again right?

So what if I would restore my nand and boot1/0 so I'm on 4.10 again and would then do a backup of “Backup eMMC SYS” & “Backup eMMC USER” would that work?

2. Canna
    OP

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    so raw gpp includes the sys and user partitions ,,,

So you dont have to

the backup “eMMC SYS” is for the working part of system, into partitions,

& “eMMC USER” is the user files...

I have mentioned in my guide to backup SYS , so in case of a bad raw gpp or error you can rebuild from the partitions from backing up emmc sys...

Now,

You said you had a backup from 4.1.0 i dont see anyreason to go back, But if you did not use hekate everytime to boot later versions then you should not restore,,

Always match your fuse count to the system version you want to use,

You can use any system version backup you want , as long as you load with hekate or it wont work...

You can rebuild old backups /previous versions
    if you rebuild them with choidujour and hacdiskmount...

You should always make a backup of system/nand for the current fuse count running on your switch,,

Last edited by Canna, Mar 1, 2019
    hallo23 likes this.
  3. Dima210

Dima210 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    Hello all, when trying to complete the last part of step 13 in the backup guide I get an error.

So when press power button to go into Print TSEC Keys, u get red text reading
    “Unknown package1 version for reading 08150037’).re (= ‘201902081500370!9(l/+201902”

Attached image is a screenshot of error.

Attached Files:

4. Ntxawg

Ntxawg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2019
    United States
    Hi all,
    I have a quick question. Have my switch for while but just turned it on for the first time and i'm currently on 4.1.0 firmware. Tried to back up the nand before doing anything else, but I don't see Ipatches & bootrom info under Console Info. Did I do something wrong? Really appreciated for any help. Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    are you using the hekate i include in payloads to be used in tegra.zip ?

version 4.6 svc

Last edited by Canna, Mar 1, 2019
  6. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    Ok that's good to know. Thanks for the help!

Well, in the firmware status thread it says that there is an unreleased warmboot exploit (Deja vu) for fws up to 4.1.0
    (Warmboot means you don't have to send a payload anymore everytime you shutdown and restart the console, right? Basically a permanent CFW?)
    So I am wating for that to release, then I would restore to 4.1.0, so I can install it.

Hope I understood that correctly :wacko:

7. Dima210

Dima210 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    Yes I am on the correct version.
    Some more info,

My Switches firmware right now is 7.1.

The sd card that I have all the files for the backup dumped into is a 64g exfat sdxc which I formatted to fat32.

I have done every backup in the hekate payload except the TSEC keys.
    Now, I have also booted biskey and have gotten information regarding the TSEC keys that way. Is this the same result as if I had been using Hekate? If so can I proceed?

Also just tried running the cfw from hekate menu and received an error. I will attach the image below.

130F66D0-99E3-4579-B05F-E081071D1899.
    Could this be because of something wrong with the initial compile of the sd card directories? Because, in the SDdumpfiles packages 1,2 and 3 some directories were named the same so I merged them and replaced when extracting.

Last edited by Dima210, Mar 1, 2019
  8. Ntxawg

Ntxawg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2019
    United States
    Thanks for the replied. I uninstalled and restalled everything and it showed up. But now I have new issue on step 29. When I select CFW under “Custom Firmwares" section the Nintendo Logo shows up and the screen just went black. I have to do a hard reset. Any ideas why that happened? Thanks again!

9. doingitwrong

doingitwrong Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    I have a switch running on 2.3, I tried to follow your guide using a fat32 with 32gb of free space but failed on step 21, specifically “Backup eMMC SYS”. I found this post explaining why we should backup every section individually, but obviously this will not fit on a 32gb sdcard. I had to stop, remove the device, and transfer the files to the pc in between the backups. (It would be nice to note in step 21 that you will fail unless you have a larger size sdcard. I did not find your post until after I had failed, and was unaware of the size requirements until then.) Could someone please quickly point me to a reference between the difference of the keys dumped in step 25 and the keys from step 32? Thank you for the guide.

ps: lime green on a white background is not that easy to read.

Last edited by doingitwrong, Mar 3, 2019
  10. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom

The lime green was chosen for dark theme i have changed it now , for white "THEME" users....

step 25 BISkeys
    (Biskeys are the switch specific keys That are like a lock and key for the system files and the switch, without those biskeys set in your system files your console wont load the SYSTEM FILES )

Step 32 (Keys.txt/Prodkeys Etc)
    Are for the encryption and decryption of nca files.
    (game files/updates/system update files etc)
    Used for most hombrew apps,nca editors Xci decryption

Little info

Last edited by Canna, Mar 4, 2019
    doingitwrong likes this.
  11. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Files updated try again

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Files Updated 7.0 Support

sd files kosmos
    hekate 4.8
    Lock Pick

OrGoN3 likes this.
  12. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Well jolly, mista. I reckon us white users are in a heap of gratitude. Why, I remember the times when everything from here to the Mississippi was made for the white user. How times have changed. Well, thanks again, mista.

13. Anitsu

Anitsu Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
  14. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Oh fck i mean white theme of course,, not a racist bone in my body sorry if i offended you or anyone else il correct it

OrGoN3 likes this.
  15. Dima210

Dima210 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    United States

Worked perfectly, thank you!

16. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I was just playing around. I know you didn't mean it like that. I just had to take advantage of the situation.

17. LoseSilent

LoseSilent Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2017
    Canada
    Thank you for your guide!

Is there any reason to backup with any other tools, like shchmue/Lockpick_RCM ?? or am I safe with all the backups from hekate_ctcaer and biskeydump?

18. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Lockpick output of the keys will help you with nsp xci managers and updates/game files extractors and or compilers,

think like this. biskeys are the keys to your switch like keys to your car, in order to drive your car make it work you need to access it ..

Lock pick keys are like your car stereo headset, in order to access or listen to your music(gamefiles,updates etc) they also need a key...

So, in order to use ya game files updates etc, they need title/update keys,(decryption/encryption)
    in order to use those files. (keys) .. you also need access to the system files /system which requires biskeys...

Biskeys
    are the keys linked to the operating files of the switch,without the correct biskeys or keys to the system the system will not operate or load those files...

Title keys/update/game keys.
    are the keys that decrypt.encrypt
    to allow game updates etc to run on the system..
    or to access the files them selfs, nca for example..

Both lockpick and biskeydump get you two different types of keys needed for files and system..

so yes please follow the guide and use lockpick aswell, its very handy you have both types of keys

Last edited by Canna, Mar 10, 2019
    OrGoN3 likes this.
  19. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    It means you'll have to load the exploit every time you want to use it. You just won't need a payload injector. But warmboot doesn't imply permanent, or persistent, and the exploit you are referring to is neither. Warmboot means you load the exploit either during a soft reset or just while HOS is loaded up first. Haxchi is a warmboot exploit.

hallo23 likes this.
  20. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    Welp seems like my hopes for that were wrong the whole time haha. I'm so dumb.
    Thanks for clarifying that!

Guess that means we will never have a permanent CFW.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted