1. Adrian137

Adrian137 Member
    Newcomer

Japan
  2. StraTTtheRipper

Newcomer

United States
    My nand dump isn't 15 or 30 parts...It's 10 parts most of which are 3.99GB?

3. viral777

viral777 mecha connoisseur

United States
    I unhacked my switch and restored my nand, and updated to 6.2 through Nintendo. I should be safe right

4. PSUSkier

PSUSkier Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is anyone else having problems extracting the SDFiles 1 & 2? I keep getting an unspecified error on multiple machines trying to unzip those after I download them.

Edit: Not sure if this was a problem with my Mac and Windows machine, but it seems like only 7-zip was able to open them. The archive utility in Mac and the native windows archive utility couldn't open these for some reason.

Last edited by PSUSkier, Jan 3, 2019
  5. purechaos996

purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So Question, and this has probably been answered before but just for clarification. I have a system on 5.1.0. My original Nand backup was taken on 5.0.0. I've been offline using homebrew and stuff but I want to play online. So my best bet is to probably restore my Nand back to 5.0.0 from before I started messing with homebrew and then update to the newest firmware. According to SwitchBrew the number of burnt fuses that both 5.0.0 and 5.1.0 expects is 6 so I should be safe to just downgrade and boot without and then update to the newest firmware without any issue correct?

6. Notshane

Notshane GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, can anyone tell me if a different number of parts is still good to use this program? It has a ".bat" for 15 or 30 parts, but I have 14 parts for 2.1.0. So, I use "join_15_2GBparts_windows.bat" then, right? I don't know if anyone else has had an even number of 2GB before, so I'm confused and don't want to do it until I get confirmation.

No, you burnt the fuse on the Switch, so now you're stuck on 6.2.0 if you didn't use ChoiDujourNX, unless you mean if you're just safe from banning in general.

Last edited by Notshane, Jan 9, 2019
  7. viral777

United States
    My switch when it was hacked was in Airplane mode with all wifi settings deleted, it stayed on 6.00 from official. Never updated the console itself until I went back to official, so the fuses have never been touched.

8. Notshane

Notshane GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Aye, how you supposed to play netplay games on Retroarch if you're in Airplane Mode? Oh, wait, I suppose NSO is needed to do online at all, isn't it...so, Retroarch being playable online is out of the question. Then, what you did is pretty smart there.

9. viral777

United States
    What are you even talking about, retroarch has nothing to do with anything I asked lol.

10. Notshane

Notshane GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know, I just brought it up cause you mentioned you're always offline with your tablet.

11. viral777

United States
    I should still be able to update to the latest ofw when the time comes still...

12. Notshane

Notshane GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I might need to go to 5.1 myself to mod Ultimate.

13. viral777
    This message by viral777 has been removed from public view by osaka35, Jan 10, 2019, Reason: off-topic.
    Jan 9, 2019
  14. Notshane
    This message by Notshane has been removed from public view by osaka35, Jan 10, 2019, Reason: off-topic.
    Jan 9, 2019
  15. andy_k

andy_k Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    I have only 1 key where normally should be crypt and tweak
    So i only have
    BIS KEY 0
    BIS KEY 1
    BIS KEY 2
    BIS KEY 3
    what am I doing wrong?

16. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    that's fine. originally Raj split them up but not anymore. if you use anything that asks for upper and lower or crypt and tweak just split the key in half

17. Lehas

Lehas Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hello, I followed this guide for the backup. I didn't launched the CFW yet. Should I do everything again with this tutorial or can I just do the points which are not mentioned in my guide?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you're really paranoid, you can dump whatever you have already dumped a second time. Not like there is any harm in dumping it multiple times (but it may be a waste of time). Anyway, you can just do the points not mentioned in the first guide you linked.

19. Freckles

Freckles Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    You have two broken or removed links. For your FAT32 backup guide, Step 3 ask to download "SDFILES_PART1.zip" and "SDFILES_PART2.zip", these links no longer work, could you please update or re-upload?

Many thanks

20. Canna

OP Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

United States
    You can download the sd files part 1 and 2 at end of guide, but thank you will update the hyperlinks

21. bvpham88

bvpham88 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    when i reach step 23 under back up guide it doesnt show a "biskey dump" option in the tools section. from steps 19 to 21 i back up the 4 files "Backup eMMC BOOT0/1" "Backup eMMC RAW GPP”, “Backup eMMC SYS” & “Backup eMMC USER"

but when i reach step 23 i click into launch and see only "payloads... and more configs..." with "no main configurations found" in yellow text.

im pretty sure i did all the correct steps up until step 23.

22. bvpham88

bvpham88 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i wanted to re-do the whole process again but not sure if i might mess something up? is it okay to restart the steps from the beginning? the only issue with this is backing up those 4 files that are bolded on my previous post. they took so long i had to leave one of them overnight. will i have to re-do this process?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - biskeys+tseckeys+keys, Restore, Backup