Backup/Restore your Nand + Get your biskeys+tseckeys+keys.txt Guide

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Canna, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Canna
    OP

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    In my guide here there is a mini guide called fat 32 mini guide, if you look there it will tell you how to join the rawnandfiles and also you need to format to exfat to restore rawnand.bin.. goodluck

ok so you dumped your nand with hekate and didnt have enough storage on sd card hence why it only copy some parts

Options

you maybe able to place the backup folder back on the sd card, as long as the folder structure is still correct and that you still have the same files.. plus make sure you have space on sd card.. then run the backup again the backup should continue were it left of as it will scand for the parts you have then give you the remainder if you have space...

Or make a backup now... any backup is a good backup. as you can rebuild a older backup if you wish to use newer system version upto 6.1 at this time...

My guide was made on the purpose of saving asses making sure people got everything they can to save there ass, why i covered all should do backups pieces keys, boot, nand etc

2. F. Lobot

F. Lobot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    United States
    Thing is I actually did do hekate a second time to resume the backup. I was just a dumbass and lost the files.

My intention was to fully unhack back to virgin state so Nintendo wouldn't ban me, so a new backup is useless for that. I also mostly filled up the nand with an installed nsp, so I don't think I can resume. There will be a giant partial installed nsp.

Now, if I uninstalled all the nsps I've added with cfw, maybe that will work? I don't know if it will leave traces on the last 4gb or so of nand.

I also have access to another Switch's virgin nand backup, but I don't know if there's anything console specific in the last two parts, or if it's pure blank space.

3. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Dont mix nands from other consoles period.. you will surely brick if not done correctly...

I suggest you just backup what you have... And if you wish to go back to older version. then downgrade..

4. F. Lobot

F. Lobot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    United States
    I have no interest in older versions. I want a clean nand.

My plan is:
    Delete installed nsps (should I do this from the system menu or with a homebrew app?)
    Delete the save data
    Delete the handful of Miis I made since
    Make a new backup
    Combine the last two parts of the new backup with the rest of the old backup.
    Restore and see if it works
    Hope to not get banned

5. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    When i say old version i mean back to the system version you was on before the no burn fuse guide..
    If you wish to clean then just wipe reset switch after returning to the system version that matches your fuse count

For virgin nand,. you restore a old full non hacked backup.

To not be banned. never go online.

As for combining the last two parts of nands i dont recommend it..
    You could combine them,,, and maybe use hacdiskmount to see which partition is missing the information/ file size check../partition size check..

But like i said i wouldnt like to give you a thumbs up for mix match nand files. thats on you..

hopefully the last parts are the user partition ... the required partitions are all except user partition
    the most important partitions are the prodinfo/prodinfo f without those or those being correct your fckd.

6. LightBeam

LightBeam Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2018
    France
    Alright, I have followed your wonderful guide and I have made a complete backup of my console in 6.1 (hackfree)
    It's been a while since I hacked it, but now I am planning on updating to 6.2 (I would like to update my Smash Bros game and I heard that I would need to be on 6.2, so I need to be sure about what I do if I still want to play)
    So I have done some researches but it's hard to understand properly and I'm sorry if someone else already asked that but

If I update to 6.2 via ChoiDuJour for example, what should I do if someday I want to restore my clean nand ? Because it was made back when my console was on 6.1, thank you

7. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    UPDATE: Latest hekate 4.5 and lockpick added to files/guide... Guide supports 6.2 System version

CWaffles likes this.
  8. Daniielx

Daniielx Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2018
    France
    Which guide should I follow with exFAT, on system version 6.2.0 ?

9. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    This guide will work for you .

10. Daniielx

Daniielx Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2018
    France
    But there's only a guide for FAT32, exFAT is for lower sys versions

11. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    that's incorrect...
    Backing up: SD can be formatted to fat 32 or exfat.. exfat will be easier and quicker.
    Restoring: SD card MUST be in exfat as hekate does not restore from fat 32..

Exfat is not for lower system version..

If you wish to backup your keys and your nand for your 6.2 switch you may follow the backup guide in either fat 32 or exfat format .. i recommend exfat format to you just for the backup..

12. Daniielx

Daniielx Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2018
    France
    I backed up my NAND, can I just restore it with hekate ?

13. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes if you wish.. I recommend you backup your boot0/1 for that nand file tho to make it easier for you if something goes bad. and i highly recommend you backup your biskeys

14. Daniielx

Daniielx Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2018
    France
    I already dumped those files, but thanks anyways, so I won't delete them.

15. CWaffles

CWaffles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    United States
    Mars
    So I've followed this great guide from @Canna . I used all the attached files in the first post, SD formatted with exFAT, etc. Everything went fine with the biskeydump, backups, etc. The problem I run into is when I try to dump the keys.txt file with either Kezplez-nx or Lockpick. I start kezplez-nx and get the rainbow screen and press A to dump. It starts dumping and gets through 7 of 15 and when it hits 8 of 15 it dies with the following:
    Error Code 2168-002 (0x4a8)
    Title: 0100000000000036
    Firmware 6.2.0 (Atsmophere 0.8.1-mastrer-ed84e7d)
    An error has occurred

If I use lockpick, as soon as I hit A to start writing, it immediately dies with an error. I followed this guide exactly using all of the files from the first post. Just to make sure I didnt do anything wrong, I reformatted the SD card and followed the steps from the beginning again. Same error when trying to dump the keys.txt

Are those important? Do I need them? What can I do to fix this? I just dont want to mess up this mod in any way.

Thanks!

16. Canna
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey @shchmue i thought lockpick supports 6.2.0 can you shed some light on this error please

CWaffles likes this.
  17. shchmue

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    never run or installed any games, doesn't have any titlekeys to dump. putting a specific warning in the next version. the regular keys will still be there.

Canna and CWaffles like this.
  18. Raging-Lion

Raging-Lion Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    So let me get this straight, you dont need biskeydump.bin to dump your keys?
    You can just use Hekate payload instead?

I wanna backup my nand, keys and everything else I can backup. lol

Just send the Hekate payload or Biskeydump payload? I get confused with all the options.

19. CWaffles

CWaffles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    United States
    Mars
    Thanks @shchmue and @Canna. This is true. This was a freshly formatted switch with absolutely nothing on it. I did find prod.keys on the SD.

Canna likes this.
  20. shchmue

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    Lockpick dumps a bunch of stuff related to decrypting Switch files on your computer, including the console-unique keys biskeydump dumps. BIS keys are what you need to mount and browse your Switch NAND in the event you need to fix it not booting and stuff like that.

Raging-Lion likes this.