Backup/Restore Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky save file

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ammako, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    I'm using the latest version of NDS Backup Tool 3in1 (patched for the 3in1+) but backing up/restoring save files from it seems not to be working.
    It says save type is Unknown and says the cart from slot-1 cannot be read.
    However, the game plays fine and nothing seems to be wrong with it, except that.

I wanted to restore the save file I had on my Cyclo to my retail cart to play from there instead, but this problem prevents me from doing it.
  2. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    i use savsender to get my savs from retail carts.

and you only need a slot 1 card [​IMG]
  3. Anakah

Newcomer Anakah Newbie

Nov 13, 2010
    United States
    Sorry to barge in like this,but I cannot for the life of me get the saves I get from Savsender to work.

First,they come out as 64kb whereas any of the saves I get from the internet are 512kb in size,I tried making them bigger by adding a shit ton of zeroes in a hex editor until they were 512kb,but that didn't work (game doesn't read save just gives option for new game and options) And my game does read the other saves I have gotten from the interwebs.So I reasoned that maybe Savsender is having a problem with this particular game,so I tried both my Soulsilver and Mystery Dungeon blue rescue team,again no dice.I'm using a Cyclods with the 1.6 firmware on it.and my OS on my comp is Windows Vista 32 bit,also,i'm behind a router if that makes a difference.

In short:Savsender doesn't work AT ALL,with ANY of the games I have tried.So if one could give instructions on how they manage to use it I would be appreciated (Yes I know there is which has instructions but that hasn't worked for me yet,so further assistance would be nice.)

Edit:I have tried both the ezv flash backup tool,the wifi backup tool,and the nds adapter plus.None of them worked,I am starting to think that it is impossible to back up an explorers of sky save.Then I start wondering how all those saves I downloaded with all my troubleshooting got there in the first place