Hacking Backup loading possible thru disc channel on 4.0?

yumdoritos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to know if anyone's disc channel loading still works on 4.0. I have Riiskimod installed and my disc channel loading is gone.

Is softmii fairing any better?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
softmii IS riskiimod. It's the same thing with softmii being slightly newer.

That said, disc channel loading won't be available for softmod in 4.0 till there is a new version of cIOScorps or until someone installs waninko's backup DIP to IOS60 and 61

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't patch all of the IOS. The only IOS they patched were 16 (to prevent the pink fish disc ios used to install IOS249) and 38 (used in animal crossing). They did however also add 60 and 61. 61 is used by the new shop channel.

IOS60 is used by the new system menu and it's why you can't load through disc channel. The old menu used IOS30 which was patched.

Basically how it works is that the IOS that runs the system menu is what checks and see if a disc is legit first and if it is (or modified to make all discs seem legit) it displays on the disc channel and lets you load the game and then when the game starts, the game uses whichever specific IOS it was programmed to use.

We just need a patched version of IOS60 that uses the backup loading DIP (like IOS30 in cioscorp)

yumdoritos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did install a patched IOS60, but all that did was let me play my non-legit VC and WW titles through the SD Menu without all the errors.

Are you talking about a differently patched IOS60? One that also enables disc channel loading? OH, and thakns for all the replies guys! You guys are really helpful.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no current patch released that lets you play through the disc channel... That is something that is going to be coming out at some point. It's something that's needed to do before we could run through the disc channel all the time.

Waninko's menupatcher will let you run through the disc channel in 4.0, but again it's something that would have to be loaded each time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1