Hacking Backup loader that lets you take in-game screenshots?

JayIbero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wanting to take some screenshots in Spore Hero but can't find any way to. Is there a backup loader or other program that will enable taking in-game screenshots? The search function has gotten me anywhere on this...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can also make screenshots with an usb gecko, a connected PC running Wiird and a loader that supports Ocarina.

JayIbero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't have a usb gecko, so it would have to be a software only option. Where can I find out more about this SNEEK/UNEEK DI thing? At the moment my wii is setup with the latest homebrew channel and Configurable USB loader if that is relevant.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unfortunately, it isn't. Sneek (and variants) is a way to emulate your wii on your wii. It doesn't make use of any cIOS, the HBC or other homebrew (though those can, to an extend, be used on sneek). You can find info on this thread or on the sneek-pages of the CompleteSoftmodGuide, but to get things working, it's probably the easiest to use modmii. Keep in mind that setting this up is rather complex, compared to other homebrew (you will need to have bootmii and an emulated nand as well as the correct files in the correct place...and games should be converted to a different format to use them as well), so if it's just for screenshots, I don't know if it's worth it.

(btw @others...I've got uneek+di running...how do I make screenshots within a game? And where do they end up?
unsure.gif
)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Wever said:
(btw @others...I've got uneek+di running...how do I make screenshots within a game? And where do they end up?
unsure.gif
)

1. HOME + 2, if I recall correctly. It's very tricky to get it working at first, but after a while you shold be able to take as many screenshots as you want.

2. They're saved to the root directory of the device (SD/USB) where the NAND dump is saved.

Remember, the screenshots are saved in a RAW format. To convert them to BMP, you need to use the YCbYCr2BMP utility by Crediar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.