Backup Loader Gamma Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Oisterboy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Oisterboy
    OP

Oisterboy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    All of a sudden my Gamma isn't working anymore. It gets to the black screen that usually has your load options on it, and just hangs with the logo. I have to do a hard shutdown of the Wii to turn it off.

I tried it on 2 different SD cards (but one SD card WAS a backup of the other)...I'm at a loss here. I just lost 3/4 of my game library :/

I also can't run GeckoOS or the cIOS patcher anymore (I already patched, but I tried again thinking it must have broken).

I have been successfully running all of these things for months now, and now, all of a sudden, my Wii is rejecting it. It just locks up and hangs on everything I try to run from my SD card, except the Gamecube backup launcher (which works successfully)

Any ideas?

2. Oisterboy
    OP

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    Bump -

I really need some serious help here! [​IMG]

3. emupaul

emupaul GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    United States
    space
    are you using an old gamma? or Neogamma RC7, and did you upgrade your cios? Gamecube Memory Card Plugged In?

4. Oisterboy
    OP

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    I do have a gamecube memory card plugged in. Is that really a known issue? O__O News to me!

Edit: I unplugged both my GC memory cards. That was it. DOH!

Thanks so much man!

5. reikoai

reikoai Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2009
    United States
    im having the same problem it was working before but now it wont load my backups at all and i don't have any memory cards for gc attached can anyone give me some advice