Backup Loader Channel Help needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Phylos, Nov 25, 2008.

Nov 25, 2008
  1. Phylos
    OP

Newcomer Phylos Advanced Member

United States
    I can run the Backup Loader through the HBC.
    Whenever I install a WAD of a channel (Doesn't matter which one)
    The Loader launches and then exits back to the system menu no matter what I do.

The system was originally 3.1. I used AnyRegion Changer 1.1 to upgrade to 3.2U
    Tried various Wad installers, but no channels installed seem to launch properly.
    Any Help will be appreciated.

-=Phylos=-

2. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    hold B when you start the loader then go to reboot menu and change auto reboot to no , and you are set , however some WAD channels are set to auto reboot , you need to hold 1 after you start the channel to go to the loader menu [​IMG]

3. feoras

Newcomer feoras Newbie

Ireland
    I have the same trouble. I have now followed 5 different tutorials and loaded I don't know how many wads.

The launcher works fine from the HBC but whenever I try to run any channel loaded from WAD manager, the system reboots.
    It doesn't matter if I press 1, 2 or B when starting the channel it still reboots. I never get any chance to change boot options.

I've been trying to get this for two days now.

The last tutorial I followed is Big Moe's using his installer. I have downgraded (upgraded) from 3.0E to 3.2E. Everything else works except the channels.

Any pointer appreciated

Thanks

4. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    hold the button before you select start not after and let go once you see menu works for me or just grab a non autoboot channel i recommend the 002 fixed one

5. feoras

Newcomer feoras Newbie

Ireland
    Thanks wiisel. I tried holding the button before selecting start and after and at the same time and every other combination I could think of but it still reboots.

I will try 002 fixed and report back.

6. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    ha theres a lot to choose from now seems like everyones packing them just pick a non autoboot one

7. feoras

Newcomer feoras Newbie

Ireland
    ok I tried a non autoboot wad compiled by bantheradio but when I press start, the wii reboots. It doesn't matter if I am pressing or holding 1 or any other button at the same time, it still reboots.

Just to remind that the launcher works perfectly if launched through the HBC but would like to get a loader channel working to simplify things for the kids.

I must be missing something.... [​IMG]

8. Wiisel

United Kingdom
  9. feoras

Newcomer feoras Newbie

Ireland
    Thanks for your help wiisel but it still doesn't work.

I put the first file you gave into the wads folder on my sd and the second files into the apps folder.

When I start HBC I can then run the gamma fix loader you gave and run a game (as before).

I run wadmanager 1.3 and install the gamma fix wad - no errors and boot loader appears in the channels.

When I select boot loader in the channels I get the green screen as in your post.

When I select start, the wii reboots [​IMG]

10. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    must be something up with you wii or wadmanager if everything reboots when you click start try another wadmanager case its that screwing things up other than that i dunno

11. thchang

Member thchang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    same here
    i tried all the method still reboot like your problem is
    no one can helped so far