Hacking Backup launcher

Devvar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before you flame me, I want you to know that I have searched through the forum for an answer and I have used Google to try to find an answer to this. I've looked for quite a while now.

This is the story, because my Wii firmware was on 3.4E, I used this guide to downgrade my Wii to 3.2E and install the Backup launcher as well. Now I got a copy of Bully:Scholarship Edition, but before I burnt it to a disc, I checked the compatibility. On WikiTemp here, it says that Bully works on Backup Launcher v0.3 Gamma both PAL and NTSC(my copy is PAL). I also checked here as well. That Wiki says that Bully is playable if it is decrypted. I think decrypted or what other people sometimes called it patched means the ISO is 3.99GB.

So I decided to burn. I burnt with IMGBurn at 4x on a blank DVD-R I had on a laptop. Once the burn was completed, I launched the game using the Backup launcher, it flashes a green list, but then stayed a black/blank screen after. I decided to try and boot it from the disc channel through the backup launcher. So I did that, and when I opened the disc channel it detected and recognised the disc as a Wii disc I'm assuming. The banner/animation/title showed up on the disc channel but when I pressed on start to start the game, the disc, I'm assuming, starts the game but then stays on a black/blank screen. I decided to burn at another speed...so did it at 8x. Same result.

A couple days later I found some Verbatims 50 DVD-R packs...so I got them. I decided to burn Bully one more time. This time, I burnt it in a desktop burner, after read somewhere that it has helped some people, at 4x on the Verbatim DVD-R. Then again, same result.

I want to know the reason why this is happening and what I should do. I really would want to get the backup launcher working.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is why, buy I always burn my games at 2x. Also, did you patch it like you mentioned before you burned it?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well try burning it at 2x. I don't know if that is it but that is what I burn my games at and they always work fine.

Devvar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think that it could be a burning/disc error? I don't really want to go around burning another disc if the solution might be different.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
i burn mine at max with imgburn all games have worked, it could've been currupt dol or zip you've got try another or install a backup launcher channel

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judging by the fact that it doesn't say 'decrypted' on wikitemp, the next thing that I would do is to try to burn a 1:1 copy on 2x. The fact that it says decrypted on the other site could just mean that someone tried it that way and it worked for them. It might also work 1:1. I understand that you don't want to waste DVD's, but you already burnt 2 of them and they won't work so if you still want to play the game you are going to have to burn another one
blink.gif

Devvar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
i burn mine at max with imgburn had all games have worked, it could've been currupt dol or zip ypu've got try another or install a backup launcher channel

Maybe...maybe not. Originals work through the backup launcher.
QUOTE(nicksasa @ Dec 27 2008, 07:44 AM) just download it again but be sure its an 1:1 copy then it will work for sure
If I could find one. Maybe I should try another game.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
you're gonna need to download the game again mate, or try re extracting, its not a decrypted version just a bad iso, all wii game are 4.37 gig even scrubbed verions, scrubbing just makes winrar able to compress them better, and if it was a decrypted version it would be called partition

Devvar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still had the rar, so I re-extracted it. Apparently, I had the rar saved in my external HDD, which is formatted to FAT. FAT can only hold up 4gb for a single file, so that is why I it ended up as 3.99gb. I probably mistaken it for it being patched. So I moved the rar to my internal HDD where it is NTFS. I extracted it, and the ISO was 4.37gb. I'm going to burn it again. Well, here goes...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end