Backup launcher v.3 gamma, ISO249

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by joshddd1, Aug 11, 2009.

Aug 11, 2009
  1. joshddd1
    OP

Newcomer joshddd1 Member

United States
    I am not an expert at this stuff, but I do my best. I have the following in my Topic Title and Descrition. I try to load a game that I downloaded (.iso) and burn it to a DVD+R and try and launch the game. I've tried burning at 4x and max. There are Pal games and I have a NTSC system. I thought it was supposed to be region free. I have tried forcing as well. I have also tried changing the Region of my Wii with Wii Region Changer v.1.0. The video shuts right off, but I can hear the game music perfectly. What's up? Any help would be awesome.

2. Lindfalas

Newcomer Lindfalas Member

Sweden
    Try to burn it on a DVD -R disc.

3. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    stay AWAY from DVD+R's for the Wii....It no like 'em!
    I burn ALL my discs on DVD-R's and ALL play....(100+)....

also, you say your on IOS249, just update to IOS38 rev13 or 14, and you'll be good.
    Also, you may want to add a couple new channels/loaders to play certain games.

I use Wii-ish Force NTSC with 002 fix as a channel, google it and install it,
    AND I use Neogamma R6 as a channel, google it and install it.

My system is NTSC (USA), and it'll play ALL region games. Don't go messin with changing yer Wii region, and DON'T update
    to a WRONG region EVER! You'll brick it if you don't have a NAND backup or preloader installed!!!!!

4. owlman

Member owlman GBAtemp Fan

all the games i've burned onto a dvd plus R have worked i think that's a myth generally speaking of course

5. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No myth. Your burner/burning software apparently changes the booktype on your DVD+R's to "DVD-Rom". Many dvd burners cannot do this however (both of mine cannot), so the only way to get the DVD-rom booktype is to actually burn on a DVD-R. I would highly recommend DVD-R media anyway...Verbatim is one of the best.

6. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Try using the latest version of NeoGamma (get it from this thread).

Read the included readme. It should help you fix your problem.

7. joshddd1
    OP

Newcomer joshddd1 Member

United States
    Thank you all for your comments. I did intall cIOS38 rev14 and it still wouldn't work with my Backup Launcher .3. But, I got the Wii-ish Force NTSC with 002 fix and installed as a channel with SUCCESS! That's with DVD+R. I will eventually try burning on DVD-R to see if that makes a difference with the other loaders, but I do not have any at this time.

How do you install NeoGamma R6 or R7 as a channel. I have the .dol file, but I thought you needed a .wad to install a channel? IDK.

8. joshddd1
    OP

Newcomer joshddd1 Member

United States
    I got the .wad for R6. Doesn't work for the two games I have burned.

New problem. Boom Blox works with Wii-ish Force 002, but Sim City Creator doesn't. It just comes to a green screen? I burned Boom Blox on DVD+R at 4x and Sim City Creator at MAX. Do you think that has anything to do with it? Still a DVD+R problem? Maybe DVD-R would work. Does game need patch? Any idead would be great. Sim City Creator will not work with Wii-ish Force 002, NeoGamma R6, Backup Loader 0.3.

9. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Sim City Creator, I would try a different ISO, is yours NTSC or PAL? try the other, and see. Also, as I said, you'll NEVER have problems burning onto blank DVD-R's. DVD+R's are very iffy, some games will work, most don't.
    Keep in mind SOME games just wont load.
    I have found Escape from Bug Island WILL NOT LOAD, and I've tried everything, USB hard drive, DVD disc, loaders, cIOS's, it just wont play.

10. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Read the ENTIRE first post of this thread.

It's pretty long but it might help you solve your problem. [​IMG]

11. Lindfalas

Newcomer Lindfalas Member

Sweden
    I´ve have burned dvd+R and I do got a burner that can burn "DVD-Rom". Its allways the same.
    Sometime the dvd works, sometime it wont. sometime it work a little.
    But If I burn the same game on a dvd -R then it works.
    If I do have a good quality dvd-r then I can burn on max(16) without any problem.
    So the problem you have is you dvd+r.

And with cIOS38 rev14 you should not use 002 fix in you loader.

Greetz

12. joshddd1
    OP

Newcomer joshddd1 Member

United States
    Well, I already have 5 working games from the same source. Some are on DVD+R and others on DVD-R. I have not noticed any difference in games working with different discs. SimCity Creator is the only game that doesn't work.

Any reason I should or shouldn't use cIOS38 rev14 with 002 fix with my loader?

I have successfully used Wii-ish Force NTSC Gamma Backup loader v.3 successfully for all, expect SimCity Creator.
    Another loader plays the disc and the music to the game, but no picture. This loader just show a green screen and nothing happens. I am just thinking I am doing something wrong. Why else would I get the music playing. I would think if it wasn't going to work, it wouldn't at all. Maybe I have the wrong combination of things. Maybe somebody knows what cIOS I should be using with which loander and what fixes?

I have just really wanted to play that game. Ever since I was young, I used to play that SimCity.

13. joshddd1
    OP

Newcomer joshddd1 Member

United States
    Thank you everyone. I have a lot more games now. I got SimCity Creator in NTSC format and it works just fine. The PAL didn't work.