spink123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am trying to soft-mod my 2 friends' Wiis using backup launcher. What I did was basically removed my drive with modchip and put into their consoles to install Homebrew channel and other apps. Everything seemed to run smoothly with all backup games running well when my modded drive was inside.

However, once I replaced the drive without modchip (my friend's drive), all my backup games would not work in backup launcher and I got the DVD read error code 324. I tried that in both of my friends' consoles and got the same error.

Once I put back my modded drive into their consoles, all my backup games worked flawlessly.

I also tried using my friends' unmodded drive into my Wii to see if the backup launcher would work with my console. I still receive the same DVD read error 324.

Both of my friends' drive have no problems reading original games so I doubt that both of the drives are faulty.

In summary, it seems like the backup launcher is working well when the drive has a mod chip inside but gives an error when the drive has no chip.

I wonder if any of you guys have some solution to this and would appreciate it greatly if you could share with me the steps in solving it.

Thank you very much.

spink123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I did try to do a search for that actually but most of the discussions involved were about using the correct DVD media and burnt speed. However, all my backup games are working well with the modded drive so it shouldn't be the DVD media.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with wiipower DVD+R likely culprit as they work fine with modchips but not so great with softmods. Then he could have also forgot to install the CIOS or got a bad install as he wouldn't need it on a modchip.

moriphiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
I agree with wiipower DVD+R likely culprit as they work fine with modchips but not so great with softmods. Then he could have also forgot to install the CIOS or got a bad install as he wouldn't need it on a modchip.

I got this exact error on every TDK disc I have burned. I went back to using memorex, never got the error again.

spink123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Uninstall the cIOS with the Any title deleter (I mean the one you installed with the BL)
Then install this one

Thanks, the cIOS that I installed with BL is IOS37-64-v2070.wad but i can't find it when using Any Title Deleter. Can i copy this channel into the SD card wad folder and then uninstall it with Channel File Manager?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
with AnyTD you need to delete IOS249, and then use Wad Manager to install what's on my signature..!!
wink.gif

BTW IOS37 is giving problems and that is why we aren't using it since the Backup Launcher concept came out

spink123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my problem has been solved, thank you for the advices and especially to ether's wad file and the backups are working again!

grog.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well just to everyone knows what was wrong:

unproperly cIOS installation, try searching the .wad version of the cIOS people, IF you're getting troubles with the .dol installer, ok..?
biggrin.gif

Eclectic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately Im having similiar problems, and as my wad manager doesnt contain any cIOS that I can see, to install. And your sig no longer links to whatever it libnked to. Im stuck.

What did you have in your sig?g

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Eclectic said:
Unfortunately Im having similiar problems, and as my wad manager doesnt contain any cIOS that I can see, to install. And your sig no longer links to whatever it libnked to. Im stuck.

What did you have in your sig?g
most likely a cIOS, which aren't allowed here
so if you need the newest cIOS for the gamma launcher, go at http://wii.waninkoko.info , where you'll find it if you want it
but if I can ask: what DVD media do you use?

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DVD+R work perfectly fine with softmods, man wish people would stop saying they dont
ive got about 50backups all on +R and there isnt a single thing wrong with them(yes they were all burnt with booktype dvd-rom)

caleb4god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
DVD+R work perfectly fine with softmods, man wish people would stop saying they dont
ive got about 50backups all on +R and there isnt a single thing wrong with them(yes they were all burnt with booktype dvd-rom)

ur right and wrong on that one. people who have burners like me (pioneer 111) dont have the option to change the booktype. hence my dvd+rs give a read 324 error on a softmodded wii regardless the setup and work perfectly on my wiikey 1.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
can all the MORANS please stop pormoting the DVD+r cause it does confuse many noobs and we don't want that , please , it is like telling people can you jerk off with two pens ? , the answer is yes some people can achieve such thing , but the normal way is use your hand , HAND = DVD-r , thank you for stopping that crap about DVD+r genuis
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ