OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

Before I started fiddling with wii homebrew, I installed the October 23rd update. Needless to say, the CIOS installer that comes with gator's backup launcher didn't like that very much.

After reading the tutorial on how to get wads running again, I have a simple question before I proceed to hacking my wii.

The tutorial mentions installing an IOS16 - no problem there.

Then it mentions installing a custom IOS fix, that will allow wadmanager to install wads on the latest firmware.

My questions are these:

With the custom IOS fix installed, can I use the custom IOS installer .dol file that comes with gator's backup launcher or will it give me an error due to still having the latest firmware?

Even if it is able to install, is that recommended? Since I already had installed the custom IOS fix, wouldn't the custom IOS by gator overwrite it? Can it be overwritten or will it just fry my wii?

I would like to avoid downgrading my wii version if I could - seems all too risky.

Thank you all in advance!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The custom IOS installer .dol file checks for a custom IOS and uses that if you have it so you should be able to use that to install WAD files

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowking said:
use this instead of CIOS fix: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115662
It's the CIOS that works with the newest backup loader. So you save one step.

Thats a good tip slowking - i missed that one - makes life a little easier.
Has anyone written up a step by step HOWTO on installing the gamma loader from a new updated wii ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr