Backup GBA save files...

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by lostreverie, Aug 22, 2008.

Aug 22, 2008

Backup GBA save files... by lostreverie at 1:50 AM (1,881 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. lostreverie
    OP

Newcomer lostreverie Advanced Member

United States
    So Eepinator will back up EEPROM save files, yeah? I get the .sav file from Yggdra Union just fine. But what do I do with it? I put it in my GBA SAV folder with the format *romname*.sav but it doesn't recognize it. I've tried making a save file with a new game in gbaexploader and replacing it, and that's also a no go (it just ignores it and only gives me a new game option). What should I be doing? I'm using CycloDS 1.51b2 and NOR RAM (the game is 32MB and it says that's too big for my EZflash5 or so).

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    EEPINATOR can only back up EEPROM from DS games. With GBA games it can only backup SRAM saves, and you have to dump it twice for it to work for some reason. Try Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool and see if that works better.

3. lostreverie
    OP

Newcomer lostreverie Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for the info. I gave Rudolph's tool a shot, though, and I'm afraid it can't deal with EEPROM saves either. The option to create a new save file is grayed out; I can only back up the ROM itself.

The more I look into this, the more it seems like backing up EEPROM saves is impossible. Does anyone know of some other tool?