Backup games freezes with latest USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyu6722, Jul 2, 2010.

Jul 2, 2010
  1. cyu6722
    OP

Newcomer cyu6722 Newbie

United States
    I recently followed the instructions to softmod my wii from the sticky on this site and everything went well. Since my wii has the D2C chip, I bought a 2.5" toshiba 320 gb hdd and reformatted it to fat32. I installed the lastest version of USB loader gx to the SD and converted my isos to WBFS files. Everything was working fine and the games showed up. However, every few minutes of playing a game, it would freeze, but the sound will continue in the background. When I tried to push the power button, on the controller, the screen turns back and there's no response, so I had to do a manual reboot. It happens with every game I try. I dk if its a usb loader issue or a hdd issue. Please help.

2. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    The first thing :

Have you tried loading the game with a pendrive or other HDD?

Have you tried formatting the drive to WBFS?

Does it happens with any game?

Does your 2.5 hdd feeds from both usb ports? (I used to have similar problems and was because I need to feed the 2.5 hdd from both usb ports using a Y usb cable)

Do you have tried to load the game with any other loader? Do you have the latest cIOs?

Have you tried loading the game with different cIOS?

Try those combinations to see if any helps.

3. Burton

Puerto Rico
    Edit : Sorry double post

4. cyu6722
    OP

Newcomer cyu6722 Newbie

United States
    I'll try with a pen drive next time, but it's the only external hdd that I own.
    I really don't want to format it completely to wbfs cause i wanna be able to use the drive to store other things.
    And yes it happens with every game I play.
    No my harddrive only has one usb cable.
    I tried configurable USB loader, but it didn't detect my drive.
    My cios is 249v19 and I selected both 249 and 222 from the loader settings to no avail.

I'll keep testing I guess.

5. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    sounds like your drive is going into sleep mode - go to its manufacturer's website and find their tool for disabling spindown.

6. Burton

Puerto Rico
    That is a good one. Forgot to add it a as question to the OP.

7. cyu6722
    OP

Newcomer cyu6722 Newbie

United States
    I can't find anything on their website about disabling spindowns. is there another app I can use?

8. OncleJulien

United States
    whats the name and model of the drive?

not sure of your level of technical proficiency, but if you arent adverse to getting down and dirty in clitown, this might be of interest.

9. cyu6722
    OP

Newcomer cyu6722 Newbie

United States
    hey I looked my drive up on the USB devices compatibility list and it says, Toshiba 320 GB (model HDDR320E04XW) 0480 A003 Not Tested Not Tested Works Frequent freezes on game boot and random locks up. OCZ Rally 8GB Flash works fine with same games tested, i used 2 of these drives successfully they load wii games fine and have been tested with several solid hours of gameplay

There seems to be frequent freezes on game, but the last line says several solid hours of game play.....

10. OncleJulien

United States
    i think, as a way of saying the rips themselves are fine, the person who posted that info is talking about his experience with an alternate drive, the OCZ Rally 8GB.