Hacking Backup eMMC RAW GPP - screen hangs or backup fails (fail to init sd)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my extreme ignorance but what is the reasoning behind not having emuNAND (and why would the github guide suggest it?)? So, if I'm just wanting to play game dumps is the other guide which uses fusee-gelee the better option?
You're addressing different topics here, so I'll try to address each one separately by asking you a few questions. Forgive me if you've already answered some of these earlier.
  1. Which system version is your Switch on?
  2. If you have AutoRCM installed, how many fuses do you have burnt? If you don't have AutoRCM installed, ignore this question.
  3. Do you plan on using paid online play with legitimately purchased games?

oorangesodaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're addressing different topics here, so I'll try to address each one separately by asking you a few questions. Forgive me if you've already answered some of these earlier.
  1. Which system version is your Switch on?
  2. If you have AutoRCM installed, how many fuses do you have burnt? If you don't have AutoRCM installed, ignore this question.
  3. Do you plan on using paid online play with legitimately purchased games?
I am on the latest version - 8.1.0.

I'm not using AutoRCM (burning fuses sounds horrendous!)

And I doubt I will be playing online. My extent to online activity would be Fortnite and YouTube (that maybe irrelevant).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the latest version - 8.1.0.

I'm not using AutoRCM (burning fuses sounds horrendous!)

And I doubt I will be playing online. My extent to online activity would be Fortnite and YouTube (that maybe irrelevant).
Given the above information, I can't think of any reason for you to use an emuNAND/emuMMC. There are two reasons to use an emuNAND:
  1. To play online with a clean NAND (you're apparently not going to do this).
  2. To keep your fuse count low without installing AutoRCM (you already have 10 burnt fuses because you updated to 8.1.0, so this is irrelevant).
Since you are on 8.1.0, you also only have one exploit available to you: the RCM exploit (AKA fusee gelee). I suggest following this guide.

oorangesodaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given the above information, I can't think of any reason for you to use an emuNAND/emuMMC. There are two reasons to use an emuNAND:
  1. To play online with a clean NAND (you're apparently not going to do this).
  2. To keep your fuse count low without installing AutoRCM (you already have 10 burnt fuses because you updated to 8.1.0, so this is irrelevant).
Since you are on 8.1.0, you also only have one exploit available to you: the RCM exploit (AKA fusee gelee). I suggest following this guide.
Thank you so much for your help! So, with the guide provided I can use my 256gb card to store nsps/dumps (excuse if this lingo is wrong as I'm very green)? Or because I'm not going the emuNAND route am I relying on the sysNAND (which is limited to 32gb)?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your help! So, with the guide provided I can use my 256gb card to store nsps/dumps (excuse if this lingo is wrong as I'm very green)? Or because I'm not going the emuNAND route am I relying on the sysNAND (which is limited to 32gb)?
You can use your SD card and your NAND. You can install to both locations, regardless of whether you're using an emuNAND or a sysNAND.

oorangesodaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use your SD card and your NAND. You can install to both locations, regardless of whether you're using an emuNAND or a sysNAND.
Thank you for taking the time to help, I really appreciate it! I'm sure I'll be running back of this guide doesn't see me right!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try another SD card, might got a bad SD card.
Thanks for your help today!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are following a guide then use the tool from the guide.
Thanks for taking the time to help, I really appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F