Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in the DS forums and didn't get any response and thought I say something here.

I have some ds carts that I want to backup the saves to my r4 for my 3ds. Every guide I have found doesn't seem to work for the 3ds and was wondering if there is some kind of 3ds app that can do this similar to SDF

I also have a few r4 cards and a dstwo if it helps

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Ronhero,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have a 4.5 o3ds, I am so glad there is a way I am going to try it now, thanks again!

Edit: @zoogie So I edited the source to match what you said in notepad but now am confused as how to compile this back to a laucher.dat
Well here you go. It's really crappy, but it's a thing and you can play with it. I can't even figure out how to check the save size so you have to look it up manually for the game and use the python script to inject it to the mset file (LOL). Oh yeah, and the write back doesn't even work :P

I haven't tested the 3ds save writeback and I really don't suggest trying it for either ds or 3ds. Hopefully someone comes along and does a better job of this. Have fun.

@WhoAmI? (a little belated but whatevs :P)

Attachments

• 3DS_Saver.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 202

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Well here you go. It's really crappy, but it's a thing and you can play with it. I can't even figure out how to check the save size so you have to look it up manually for the game and use the python script to inject it to the mset file (LOL). Oh yeah, and the write back doesn't even work :P

I haven't tested the 3ds save writeback and I really don't suggest trying it for either ds or 3ds. Hopefully someone comes along and does a better job of this. Have fun.

@WhoAmI? (a little belated but whatevs :P)
THANK YOU!!!! YOU REMEMBERED ME! :-D

Reactions: zoogie

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a nds homebrew called "NDS Backup tool Wifi" by Rudolph and it has worked flawlessly for backing up my retail catridges saves, it can send the saves, as the name implies, to your pc over wifi and also can restore them. IIRC, it can also backup the game. I used it with an NDS, but hopefully it will work ok with a 3DS compatible R4.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
There's a nds homebrew called "NDS Backup tool Wifi" by Rudolph and it has worked flawlessly for backing up my retail catridges saves, it can send the saves, as the name implies, to your pc over wifi and also can restore them. IIRC, it can also backup the game. I used it with an NDS, but hopefully it will work ok with a 3DS compatible R4.
Thxz, but I don't have a DS flashcart.

Anyone test this 3DS app? Does it work? Thx!

No, I can assure you that the tool will NOT work on the 3ds. Once you remove the flashcard so you can insert the game card, the 3DS will refuse to read the new cartridge.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it seems the 3DS side of things handles the cartridge, even in DS/DSi mode.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a way to backup NDS saves from a retail cart on a 3DS with just software?
From NDS mode (with a NDS flashcart)? Not currently, and it will probably never be possible that way. Now, there's limited ways with 3DS homebrew, and as 3DS homebrew gets more support, better options will probably pop up in the future.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone read posts anymore?

darklink replies with NDS flashcart solutions when 3DS is clearly in the thread title.

WhoAmI says the tool doesn't work on 3DS's but doesn't indicate which tool, while I the whole time my replies are either indicating or implying a 3DS software solution.

Finally, zoogie replies and supplies a flimsy answer.

The 3DS tool, does it work? I've only seen that it doesn't work with a certain title, this is a fairly simple question.

No, I can assure you that the tool will NOT work on the 3ds. Once you remove the flashcard so you can insert the game card, the 3DS will refuse to read the new cartridge.

I posted a way just a few posts above. It doesn't seem to work with pokemon though.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Does anyone read posts anymore?

darklink replies with NDS flashcart solutions when 3DS is clearly in the thread title.

WhoAmI says the tool doesn't work on 3DS's but doesn't indicate which tool, while I the whole time my replies are either indicating or implying a 3DS software solution.

Finally, zoogie replies and supplies a flimsy answer.

The 3DS tool, does it work? I've only seen that it doesn't work with a certain title, this is a fairly simple question.

I was responding to that:

I must've accidentally quoted your post, for whatever reason:

Thxz, but I don't have a DS flashcart.

Anyone test this 3DS app? Does it work? Thx!

:S It's what I get for only having 3 hours sleep -_-

I posted a way just a few posts above. It doesn't seem to work with pokemon though.

Yeah, that's why I was hoping it would've been possible to port this: https://github.com/lavanoid/savegame-manager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou