Backup disc - in-game videos are choppy

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by renodion, Dec 23, 2008.

Dec 23, 2008
  1. renodion
    OP

Newcomer renodion Newbie

Canada
    I tried to load a couple of backups (Super Mario Galaxy & Warioland Shake It!) on my Wii via the Backup Launcher 0.3gamma, and they boot successfully, and the gameplay is smooth, but whenever there's a short movie that starts playing, the video is very choppy and if there's dialogue, the voices are choppy as well. I am using the Disk Utility in Mac OS Leopard to burn the ISOs. I've tried it at 8x and 4x (it's the only 2 options available for burn speed). Would it be the type of DVDs I use (I use Memorex DVD-Rs, single layer), or it's just because I should be using Nero in Windows to burn my ISOs?

p.s. if it's just because I should use Nero, is there a free alternative to Nero?

thanks!

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The backup loader only runs the discs at 3x speed as opposed to the normal 6x.

3. renodion
    OP

Newcomer renodion Newbie

Canada
    Is there a solution to this, or maybe another loader I can use which reads the discs at 6x?

4. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Currently, no Backup loader runs the games at 6x. If you want that type of speed, go with a modchip.

5. renodion
    OP

Newcomer renodion Newbie

Canada
    sorry, I should've done my research better.. I just found the information about cinematics and disc speed reading on wiigator's blog... even though I go there nearly everyday to check for new updates, I never realised the problem I was experiencing was explained in front of my eyes. :S

does anyone has an idea when a new version should be coming out?

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    No idea. I know that he is probably working on something new but really, the news would first appear in wiigators blog.

7. lexlth

Newcomer lexlth Advanced Member

Brazil
    I have the same problem, but I burn my discs at 2x. It should not happen... right ???

8. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    burn speed does not matter!!! the loaders read discs at 3x speed not 6x, ITS CHOPPY if you dont want to mess with it use a USB Hard drive no choppyness. There is no other solution at this time! Backups only read at 3x! Burn speed does NOT matter