Hacking Backup disc - in-game videos are choppy

renodion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to load a couple of backups (Super Mario Galaxy & Warioland Shake It!) on my Wii via the Backup Launcher 0.3gamma, and they boot successfully, and the gameplay is smooth, but whenever there's a short movie that starts playing, the video is very choppy and if there's dialogue, the voices are choppy as well. I am using the Disk Utility in Mac OS Leopard to burn the ISOs. I've tried it at 8x and 4x (it's the only 2 options available for burn speed). Would it be the type of DVDs I use (I use Memorex DVD-Rs, single layer), or it's just because I should be using Nero in Windows to burn my ISOs?

p.s. if it's just because I should use Nero, is there a free alternative to Nero?

thanks!

renodion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry, I should've done my research better.. I just found the information about cinematics and disc speed reading on wiigator's blog... even though I go there nearly everyday to check for new updates, I never realised the problem I was experiencing was explained in front of my eyes. :S

does anyone has an idea when a new version should be coming out?

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burn speed does not matter!!! the loaders read discs at 3x speed not 6x, ITS CHOPPY if you dont want to mess with it use a USB Hard drive no choppyness. There is no other solution at this time! Backups only read at 3x! Burn speed does NOT matter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn