Hacking Backup BD games on rebug 4.81.2

escequi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since you can't use MM on it (and i wouldn't want to anyways), is there a way to backup games to iso without moving it's contents to the HD first? I'm using isisman file manager, but i can't open the "move/copy/create iso" menu on root (it shows another menu with "dump lv1 lv2 ram") so i can't select dev_bdvd->make iso, i have to copy the files to the HD first, which makes it a way longer process

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
I've never tried irisman before so im not really familiar with it. If i get the time to try it out or find some guide on how to then i'll report back

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
What do you have against MM? If its about Online play, use another ps3 just for burning games to an external USB or something, but yeah, let me look into it.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you have against MM? If its about Online play, use another ps3 just for burning games to an external USB or something, but yeah, let me look into it.
people bitch he will be bitching soon when/if sony ban him for going online.

MM has always been my #1 loader, but if he has such a problem with it and demands an iso, then maybe he should search sites because im sure he could source his game off someone whos already ripped it.

escequi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My notebook is a piece of shit, i moved a game through FTP and it woult transfer at 800kbps, it took me hours to move a game

Why should´nt you be able to use Multiman on Rebug 4.81.2???
I´ll do....
I thought MM didn't work with it? (saw a post here i think), either way i'm using webman already and didn't want it to conflict with MM or something (like another running plugin, ew)

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My notebook is a piece of shit, i moved a game through FTP and it woult transfer at 800kbps, it took me hours to move a game

I thought MM didn't work with it? (saw a post here i think), either way i'm using webman already and didn't want it to conflict with MM or something (like another running plugin, ew)

Multiman works fine on Rebug 4.81.2. I dumped all of my games using it a few days ago.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i have multiman installed without it interfering with webman? Like having it installed just to rip games, without it running on the background

WebMan is just a plugin for the XMB. MultiMan is a homebrew application. No, they won't interfere with each other.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

why would it conflict, theyre both different tools, one is a loader the other is a an iso mounter.

personally i would just stick with MM, it provides more features such as game settings if needed to change to boot, webman doesnt

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get a "partial install" error when backing up game discs in MultiMan? Apparently MM asks to delete the partial data on the hdd after installing game then erases all that particular game content.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get a "partial install" error when backing up game discs in MultiMan? Apparently MM asks to delete the partial data on the hdd after installing game then erases all that particular game content.
?

partial install would mean your booting the game and it fails, that will be something to the game not MM, unless your ripping the game to internal or external, again if its failing could be a disc/drive issue.

MM mounts said game and the console thinks its the game and will act as any normal game would.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?

partial install would mean your booting the game and it fails, that will be something to the game not MM, unless your ripping the game to internal or external, again if its failing could be a disc/drive issue.

MM mounts said game and the console thinks its the game and will act as any normal game would.
I see, it could well be the game since I backed up 6 previous discs and this is they only one I get a red 'partial' where it should say "HDD" or "USB" in XMB.
Edit: Thanks. :)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, it could well be the game since I backed up 6 previous discs and this is they only one I get a red 'partial' where it should say "HDD" or "USB" in XMB.
Edit: Thanks. :)
when you rip a game it will show either HDD or USB which ever you chose to copy the game to.

note if you are copying a game its not installing, its ripping the game disc to your chosen drive, which you then mount and boot, so depending on the game it will still need to install as if it was running off the disc.

you are basically making a copy of the game disc to your hdd so the console thinks you have the disc

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you rip a game it will show either HDD or USB which ever you chose to copy the game to.

note if you are copying a game its not installing, its ripping the game disc to your chosen drive, which you then mount and boot, so depending on the game it will still need to install as if it was running off the disc.

you are basically making a copy of the game disc to your hdd so the console thinks you have the disc
Is there any function that auto aborts a bad disc in MM?
EDIT: What I had mentioned about 'partial in red box was actually "Split" in red letters in grey box. Idk why my brain thought it was 'partial'. x)

Last edited by JiveTheTurkey,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any function that auto aborts a bad disc in MM?
EDIT: What I had mentioned about 'partial in red box was actually "Split" in red letters in grey box. Idk why my brain thought it was 'partial'. x)
split simply means it has files larger than 4gb and when you select it will join them and will boot.

it joins them once unless you clear the data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.