Hacking Backup 360 Discs Directly to PC for use with RGH

jimbo777jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. In the very near future I plan to RGH my 360 console. In the meantime, I would like to take all of my back-up discs and extract them directly to my PC first before batch transferring them to the internal HDD of the 360 console. Is it possible to copy retail and backup games directly to a PC without any special DVD drive hardware if I just plan to use the RGH format? Or do I need to use the Xbox 360 disc drive to rip the contents? If it is possible to go direct to PC, what software tools are recommended? Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need a special dvd drive to backup to the pc, but that's one thing I haven't done. an easier route is to rip them in the normal dash, then use nxe2god to turn them into god containers. both formats are nearly identical except nxe has disc checks, god doesn't.

jimbo777jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the special dvd drive required even if I am not concerned about preserving the copy protection? I am no longer interested in using the discs and just want to use the extracted RGH format on an internal HDD.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you'll just be using the 360's. the nxe and their converted god counterparts will be in the content folder of the internal hdd. point to that with FSD or Aurora to get the games to appear. you can also dump the games with the disc dumper in the hacked dash. that will make jtag rips in case you want to mod the games' files. however, I found the process much slower than using the normal dash with nxe rips. some games have thousands of files, and I think god containers are usually around 200MBs apiece, but there will be multiple of them. to swap discs, look in the dashlaunch readme. it says how to swap discs with god games if you have multiple discs.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou